Brain Fade Due to Inactivity

Dennis M

Anyone else suffering brain fade from not being on the road the last two years? Headed out Thursday, first time the trailer has moved since September 2019! Inactive due to pandemic.

1st night the BigFoot auto level does not work. Front jacks OK, nothing else works. 2nd night, same thing. 3rd night I look at the operating instructions and discovered I was pushing the wrong button! Duh! Head slap! (speaking of which I walked into a slide with my head yesterday - first time I've done that in 20+ years!)

Told the DW "I fixed the jacks!" She had the temerity to ask "How?"! 

BTW - our rig will be for sale in October. Time to get off the road.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

We too had our rig in storage since Sept 2019 when we bought our final house and left the fulltime life for good. A couple months ago we took it out for 2 weeks and all went OK. I am worried about brain fog as I do experience it a little from time to time. BUT time will come when .............

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

Always hear "IF you don't use it you loose it." I'm finding that even though I keep using it, sometimes it doesn't do as told, or is painful later. Yoga class yesterday, brain said don't try that body tried anyway, sore today. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Thanks for the reminder about head walking into the slideout.
We've been grounded mostly because of health issues but I loaded the camper onto the truck yesterday and took it for a short test drive spin.

I had remembered everything except to put air in the air bags and adjust the shocks to a higher setting. 
The ride was really cush till then.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Howdy Dennis,

I started out going to share a similar experience then forgot was I was going to say, it'll come back to me, sometime, somewhere, maybe....................

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• Phil D changed the title to Brain Fade Due to Inactivity