Credit Unions?

Hi,

Full time RV'er based out of Livingston TX, currently in NM.

Anyone here using a credit union they like? Can I apply online?

I'm self employed and want to take my business banking with me. I'd love to see if they can offer me a lower APR on a business credit card or line of credit.

Established business, 765 FICO, no derogatory credit marks or red flags. I'd bring my cash savings over with me. I'm a real good bet to do business with!

Thanks!

OK Clark Howard is a radio consumer guy, I occasionally catch him online. His recomendations for online banking are:

Best online banks 2021

I have no personal experience with any of them. And for military credit unions:

Military Credit unions

I see a lot of folks recomending USAA if you are ex-military. Some on the list allow anyone to join tho.

I want to switch over to a more friendly bank or credit union, ours is a hassel to deal with to say the least and they been sold to another bank for the third or fourth time too.

I currently use Navy Federal Credit Union. Not retired but was Marine Corp, Air Force, Air NG, AF reserve, and DOD Civilian.  I also use KirtlandFCU on and adjacent to Kirtland AFB at Albuquerque. Have also used "community" credit unions, Red River Army depot credit union and a few more I can't remember. I much prefer credit unions to banks. I have been with Navy Federal and Kirtland the longest. Navy has a lot more branches around the US. Military affiliated credit unions have a high number of ATM ability through a network that don't charge atm fee's

I think Alliant CU is a community CU.

Edited by bigjim
correct typing error

4 hours ago, Jim & Alice said:

We've had good success with Alliant Credit Union over our last 8 years of Full-timing.   We've also kept our long-time local Credit Union as a 2nd one, mainly to handle local expenses of our house that we kept.  

I Second Alliant . . . Very easy to deal with . . . Took no more than 15 minutes for approval of 200k rv finance.

I have the Dow Employees Credit Union. I am not a Dow employee or retiree. An auto dealer found them for me when I was buying a new truck. They had the lowest interest rate at the time. They are in Lake Jackson south of Houston but you can use any credit union's ATMs for free.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Shelley said:

I applied for Alliant over the weekend. I got a message that something of my information didn’t match what they had and they’ll have to review it. Maybe it’s because I just moved into my RV.

Can you give them a call?

You can't go wrong with the recommends here. Just a clarification. USAA is not a credit union but a Federal Savings bank.

"The bank operates as a subsidiary of United Services Automobile Association. According to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation records and based on the institution's charter type, USAA Federal Savings Bank is classified as a savings associations, state or federal charter, supervised by the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS).

https://www.bankbranchlocator.com/usaa-federal-savings-bank/#:~:text=The bank operates as a subsidiary of United,supervised by the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS).