Help AC issue

Joe E

Help please. Checked into a campground and hooked up to 30 amp service. All was good until it became hot inside and we noticed the AC breaker tripped. The fuse switch for the ac won’t reset, and has no resistance between off an on. All other switches work as they should. Any input would be appreciated.

Fuse Switch???? Do you mean the breaker?  If this is the case, breakers can go bad.  You should be able to pull the breaker and take it to your local hardware store for a replacement.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, TXiceman said:

Fuse Switch???? Do you mean the breaker?  If this is the case, breakers can go bad.  You should be able to pull the breaker and take it to your local hardware store for a replacement.

Park power can also be bad, did you test it before hooking up. Also it is bad practice to leave the a/c on when hooking up. Shut that off and turn it on after you hook up successfully.

6 minutes ago, Joe E said:

Ken thank you for responding. Yes it is a breaker off, on switch in the breaker panel. I’ll see if I can get that cover plate off and disconnect the breaker. Great help thank you.

Make sure you are disconnected before doing this and all 120V is off. Breakers usually have one wire going into the breaker. Disconnect that and then the breaker can usually be pulled out with a rocking motion. Reverse to install a new one.

Watching this would help you:

Mike Sokol RV Electrical 101

Did you take the circuit breaker handle to the fully open direction before you close it? When a circuit breaker trips it will go to a center position and if you do not first open it then close it the contacts do not reset but remain open. 

In very hot weather a circuit breaker will trip at a lower current point than nonmail due to internal heat. When you get it reset, or replaced, try leaving the cover to the circuit breakers open to allow more ventilation as that can cause a breaker to trip prematurely. The other possible cause would be very hot weather if the air conditioner coils have not been cleaned recently as that causes the compressor to work harder and so draw more current that normal.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 7/16/2021 at 6:36 PM, Joe E said:

Ken thank you for responding. Yes it is a breaker off, on switch in the breaker panel. I’ll see if I can get that cover plate off and disconnect the breaker. Great help thank you.

I hope you are not messing with the campgrounds power pedestal.  Do not take the cover plate off as it is not yours to mess with.  Sounds like you need an electrician. 

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

8 hours ago, TXiceman said:

I hope you are not messing with the campgrounds power pedestal.  Do not take the cover plate off as it is not yours to mess with.  Sounds like you need an electrician. 

Ken

He's "messing" with the A/C breaker, likely 20 amp, in his own panel...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system