Email Scam

Twotoes

I just got am email from Escapees HQ notifing me that there is an email scam going on involving Escapees members. Members are receiving an email from someone claiming to be a Escapees employee alledging that your membership is going to be canceled and requesting personal financial information. DO NOT REPLY. That's all I know. Contact Escapees HQ for more info. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

61235e4cc171821d0c6c293bb7a38e74.jpg?r=1

Important Notice for Escapees Members

We have received several calls and emails from concerned members regarding an email they received in the last 24 hours.

The email contains a warning that your membership will be suspended if you don't take immediate action and provide personal information. It is signed by Thomas J. White, Assistant of Administration.

If you received this email, please do NOT respond to it or click any links contained in it. We do not have an employee by that name with Escapees, nor would we communicate with you about your membership in this manner.

If you 
did respond to this email and provide any banking or financial information, notify your financial institution immediately.

Safe travels,
Escapees RV Club

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

That sounds like it might be a SKP member since he knows about 'membership'/expirations.

It is amazing how easy it is for scammers to harvest personal information from the internet. It is very important to change your passwords frequently. Once a scammer finds a password into a website, it opens the door to everything for them.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

11 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

That sounds like it might be a SKP member since he knows about 'membership'/expirations.

I don't think that necessarily follows.  This is a club.  There is a public posting of membership rates.  Those rates are for a period of time.  It isn't much of a leap to conclude that in a club members pay money for memberships that expire.  A skilled scammer finds out a lot of information abut the target before embarking on a scam.  Check out this article on how they do it.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

14 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

That sounds like it might be a SKP member

It is not. I spoke at some length about the issue with Travis Carr, SKP president about 7 pm yesterday. Believe me, they would love to know who it is but just as is the case with the vast majority of such emails that spoof banks, and a host of other businesses, it points offshore. I suspect that there have also been people who received it that were never part of Escapees, but we really would have no way to know they did unless they choose to contact the office. 

10 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I haven't received it. 

Neither have I but as they say, it didn't go to everyone. They warned everyone because there is no way for them to know who will actually get the email. I know of at least one person who got it that is not and never has been a member of Escapees. 

I do not reply or link to ANY email that comes in from the banking, credit card, insurance, etc.  I will log into their sites directly.  You never know what is a scam and what is not.  You can usually look at the email sender and see what you need to know there.

The same with the phone.  I do not provide any information to an in bound caller.  I call them back through the corporate number.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

We don't do unasked for surveys or do freebies/contests/opinion polls/or order publications online that come in email. And Colorado just passed privacy laws that makes us one of the top three in consumer protections.  We have gotten emails from banks we never used in our lives telling us that we needed to contact them to reopen our now restricted accounts. 🤣🤣😎😉

We too always call our banks and online sales places ourselves. We've also gotten some emails telling is that our purchase of hundreds to a thousand dollars went through, and the charges paid, for things we never ordered with a link to the supposed details of OUR purchase/s. We don't even inquire or do anything but delete the email. Instead we just log onto our bank and check to see if any charges were made we don't know about.

I just lost a credit card and went to my account the next day when I discovered it. No charges had been made since my last one, so I blocked the card which means it would pay any charges made before the block date/time, and no new charges could be made. They sent me a new card. I had to update my auto pay accounts with the new card number. No big deal, nor drama needed. PITA? A little. I also did not know I could block a card and safely wait to order a new one in case I find the card later. After three day we canceled the blocked card and ordered the new one. We always have two cards each for just such a situation. But in the past it was for breaches when our bank sent us a new card before we knew they had a breach. Same PITA but secure.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire