Battery monitor to replace Freedom unit

I had from factory the Trace Freedom inverter and battery monitor. I am going to replace it for a unit for my lithium packs. The Xander monitor is rectangular and would like one to cover this area. Victron is round and I would have to make new hole for it and leave old non functional unit in. Would like one that covers this area. Keep it neat. Any suggestions 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I had from factory the Trace Freedom inverter and battery monitor. I am going to replace it for a unit for my lithium packs. The Xander monitor is rectangular and would like one to cover this area. Victron is round and I would have to make new hole for it and leave old non functional unit in. Would like one that covers this area. Keep it neat. Any suggestions 

Why would you need to keep the old one in place? Could you not cover the hole with a piece of sheet metal? For that matter cover the hole and then place a round hole in it?

Not know precise dimensions that is the first that popped into my head.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Sheet metal would look terrible. This is inside living room. Actually at steps going to bedroom. On paneling. The trimetic looks promising. Have to get dimensions. I know the freedom units were popular and hoped someone had replaced the unit with a modern one.

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

3 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Sheet metal would look terrible. This is inside living room. Actually at steps going to bedroom. On paneling. The trimetic looks promising. Have to get dimensions. I know the freedom units were popular and hoped someone had replaced the unit with a modern one.

And this is why a picture is worth a 1000 words. 😉 My invertor monitor is behind the door where the rest of the switches are. I would never have thought of it being open like that.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

I regularly make a trim piece or board to cover an old, larger hole in order to install a Victron battery monitor or display.  I just did it a couple of days ago.  It is pretty simple to do with some basic supplies from a hardware store.  Here is a picture of the one I just did.  It is for a touch 50 display, but I could have easily made a smaller round hole for a BMV 712.

kozOlTHl.jpg

You could also just buy a Victron Smart Shunt.  It has no display.  You just use your smart phone or tablet with the Victron Connect app to get all the monitoring data.  If you are interested in the Smart Shunt or a BMV, let me know and I can provide a discount code off forum.

Edited by Chad Heiser

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg