Star Trek’s Warp Drive Leads to New Physics

RV_

On 7/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, durangodon said:

Yes, he reminded me of me.  Just last year, I went through two large filing cabinets full of paperwork from the 80's and 90's when I was dealing in computer hardware, most of it on haggle.com and eBay.  I still have all my paycheck stubs from 1970-now and income tax files from the 60's.

Dan I was Tigerdirect, Newegg in the 80s and 90s as well as microdirect and several others. eBay was auction web from 1995 then it was renamed ebay in 1997. I di not get into them until 2000 or so.

Doing the shredding and scanning and organization reviews is a constant isn't it. I have two four drawer legal size Hon filing cabinets in my office, and one in the basement. The ones in my office have all my spares and hardware, Blank DVD containers of 100, my DJ mixer, discwasher D4 vinyl cleaning system with good fluid not died. even a spare cartridge for my vinyl p[layer, spare computer USB C cables etc., chargers, even my drone quad that also drives on the street with steerable front wheels. All my spare cases and screen protectors hard drives in the pic earlier. I also have one drawer with files and my Surface Pro Dock and spare RAM etc. Another has my knife collection in a binder for the pocket knives and and a bigger case for the larger ones like my USAF bayonet and a machete

The four drawer in the basement has all our pictures sorted into large manila folders by families and activities, my military files and all our memorabilia newspapers with me or family as subjects or writers, and of course significant world events in my lifetime and before. But it all fits in one file cabinet. 

My wife did estate sales after the housing crash of 2008 and we did several hoarders. Never organized just piles and never used. If we decide to move again I want to sell this house furnished and then we can start over even lighter except for the three filing cabinets and personal watches. Tablets and main computer systems are being reduced to two of each AIO Main system for each of us, two Surface Go2 with LTE one for each, and one surface Pro 7+ and one home theater computer for me. That is after selling the spare 27" quad HD Acer monitor, the 24" Full HD monitor that moved up and down and spins for portrait as well as landscape viewing, and an older armor strong 19" Dell monitor all like new. I had to have a computer workbench with monitor to work on infected systems and to build new ones. I am dropping all computer building only upgrading my own, and doing zero repairs for others. So that clears out half a room in Lynn's office. I'm getting lazy! 😉

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 7/16/2021 at 7:56 PM, mptjelgin said:

RV  - I'm guessing that is was a 10 MB (not 10 GB) hard drive, and yes, we didn't think it possible to fill that up...  I started with a TRS-80 that first used a cassette deck for mass storage, and then updated it to 5.25" floppies that held a whopping 180 KB each (Single sided, single density). 

Thanks corrected the typo. I am just used to typing GB and now TB more often by far.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

14 hours ago, RV_ said:

I am just used to typing GB and now TB more often by far.

The memory and ability to express one's self do create challenges as people get older....   😄  Don't ask how it is that I know this.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI