Discount Ramps

Slixter

Ya. I had the same problem. I called and they gave me a June 12 (2 weeks out) ship date. Interestingly enough, they shipped the next day. However, FedX was a nightmare and kept loading them onto the delivery truck but not dropping them off. I had to go to the dispatch warehouse and get them myself. The box they were packaged was held together by 1 staple at this point and the ramps were worse for the wear. FedX in Salt Lake is really bad right now.

The ramps are great. Beefy. Advertised measurements are spot on. This was critical in my case as they had to fit into under-bed boxes that were just under a 1/2" bigger than the ramps width and height.

MP4I8d0l.jpg

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm at the point where it is time to get some ramps.  What model are you all using?  I see some at Discount Ramps BUT they cant be the only choice or vendor.  As a fabricator, am also considering building my own but would like a model to follow with perhaps some "enhancements".

What say you?

Marcel

Since you asked....  Don't skimp on length.  We use the Big Boy II 10' ramps, and I wish we had 12'.  I bought these at a trade show for about half what they cost now, but it wasn't necessarily a good buy.

BTW, we (wife) drives up, no winch.  So far, it's been smooth loading, until one day it may not be.  I built the bed to accept a winch.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

These are not for the smart, but since discount ramps is in the title, these are for my polaris 1000 touring. Love the ramps. 12'. I could've went with 10' for the quad easily. May even have got by with 8' which would be lighter in weight to lift, but I prefer the stability of the low angle over the few pounds saving.

Link to the ramp on discount's site.

Purchase time was late september 2022. In stock. Great experience with Discount ramps.

20221002_161140_resized.jpg

20221002_162409_resized.jpg

I'm a work'n on it.

At 2000# combined capacity, that would not be sufficient for an EV Smart and barely would be for a gas model.  I personally like to have a safety factor of 50% if possible.

With that in mind I found this: https://www.ramptek.com/products/ramptek-12-aluminum-bi-fold-utv-ramps

3200# capacity, weigh 45# each and American made.  Oh, and did I mention they cost less! And what I like is that the rails are below the sides so that if you steer crooked, then you should be able to feel that and correct unlike the others that are flat all the way across.

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

Marcel

Those ramps might be a problem loading a smart.  That's an awfully big gap between "rungs".  About 8"-9".  And, that 3200# rating is "distributed". 

I believe the Big Boy II rating is 2000#/axle, which is pretty moot since both axles are on the ramp for only a short time.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

I believe the Big Boy II rating is 2000#/axle, which is pretty moot since both axles are on the ramp for only a short time.

I thought of that and double checked their website and it says 2000# capacity.  I did not see per ramp or per axle.

As to the spacing, well I can solve that if needed but for the advantages of cost and weight(which may change if I modify) I do like them.  As a fabricator I even considered building them myself but after the material and labor is factored in, it becomes a wash.  The Ramptek are lifetime structural warranty and Big Boy II are 5 years, and I also saw they are made in the USA as well.

Marcel

Our ramps do double (actually multiple) duty so we did the 16', 5000# per axle ramps from Discount Ramps. They are (4) 8' long sections and have a center support that is adjustable in height.  

We can load the smart car sideways and load a vehicle long ways if it is too long to go sideways. We have also loaded a large Zero turn mower and a Dingo (mini bobcat) on the truck bed. 

Takes a little longer to set up but I like the extra length for loading and the multiple uses. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.