Confused about the vehicle registration

I RV full-time.

Last week I purchased a van from North Carolina and had it transported to me here in Florida where I am camping.

My domicile state is California. But I don’t plan to be back there until November 2021.

I also have an Escapees mailbox in Texas but that is not my domicile state.

The van arrived with the title but with no license plates.

I cannot figure out how or where to get the van registered. I cannot take it on the street until I figure this out.

Any help is appreciated.

Have you contacted the California DMV? If that is your domicile and the place where you get your vehicle insurance, then that is where it should be registered. Since you have an address with Escapees, TX you could register it there but might have problems with insurance. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Sorry you are having the issue. It' used to be, the dealer you purchased your vehicle from would assist you in the "Registration". That does not seem to be the case now, especially on "Used" vehicles. 

I have a domicile in South Dakota and have for a while. I purchase a "New" vehicle a year ago and the registration, taxes and such were pretty straight forward, but my agent was less than I expected. The New Vehicle was traded this spring for a used one and while the agent was better, it still was  not the same as before being a full time "RV Traveler". I have been a Travel Nurse since 1989 and it sure seemed easier, back then. You do need to register your vehicle in the state where you domicile and have your insurance. Your tax representative may be able to assist you further. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Before I went full time I was a CA resident. I purchased a 5er in Dallas TX. The dealer gave me temporary TX plates good for 60 days. I didn't get back to CA until about 120 days so the dealer got me an extension on the temporary TX plates. When I got back to CA I went to DMV and they verified the VIN # and issued me the CA plates. The dealer had already collected the sales tax and sent it to CA. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I don't know about now but in Nov. of 1999 I bought a used TT  in Florida and titled and registered it in Florida even as a non-resident. Then when I went to Texas I retitled it with Tx tags.  There was a difference in sales tax and I was given credit for the tax I paid in Florida vs what the Tx sales tax was. I also had to pay a 1 time fee of I think $90. for a new to Tx vehicle fee. That was a Travel Trailer and it was Nov. 1999.  I did have an address to use in Fla. but did not claim to be a resident.