Okay What’s This New Stuff?

SuiteSuccess

When answering Glenn’s question about shop noticed a “pop up” notification about levels of posting.  Also symbols showing up next to your avatar.  What is this?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

If they could only turn back the clock to when I was 30. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Woo-Hoo!!!  I earned another badge for my dedication and checking posts every day for a week!!!!  That and a buck might get me a cup of coffee.

What a childish bunch of bovine feces.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Well I just want to go on record and say that regardless of the new "badge" system. I already knew who was helpful and who was not. During the 3 years it took to build my conversion, I always knew where and from whom I could get some sound advice. 

I did find that you can turn off the notifications in your profile. So that's a start. :)

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Woo-Hoo!!!  I earned another badge for my dedication and checking posts every day for a week!!!!  That and a buck might get me a cup of coffee.

What a childish bunch of bovine feces.

Hey, it’s like Boy Scouts, Rick.  Just be careful before you get the controversial “fire starter “ conversation badge!  😂

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Just wanted to see what they put up for me.  Some are claps, others look like a leaf.  Have no idea what they mean.  Hope everyone is doing well and no Covid.  PLEASE GET YOUR VACCINATION if you have not done so.  Look for the Moderna 2-shot.  Will be at home this summer since Nancy is having rotator cuff surgery on the 6th  Rig will be sitting for awhile after that - at least until she can change a tire 😉.  I hope to get the blown gasket on #5 of the Volvo exhaust manifold fixed (myself) this summer.  Scared of breaking studs!

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Thank you.  PB Blaster is my go-to product but I am willing to give something new a try.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

PB Blaster is very good, as are the old stand-by's Rust Aid and such.  My go-to is Kroil. Hard to find unless you order it online from Kano Labs.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I tried PB Blaster . I never bought a second can and pretty sure I never emptied the can I had . 

When I applied it to rusted nuts and bolts it just sat there , no matter how long I left it .

A little story :

Years ago , I was trying different penetrating 'fluids' and just wasn't seeing anything very impressive . 

One of our park coordinators asked what I was up to , listening to my story she suggested I try some amazing lube she had in an unmarked spray bottle . She called it Pete Stuff , as the fellow she got it from was named Pete . 

She told me of old rusted horse trailer doors that would open with great effort before having Pete stuff applied to the hinges and after would open with ease . The owners of that trailer were amazed and tried to buy some , but, none was to be had ...

After I used up what she gave me , I wanted more and , of course , she didn't have anymore to share . She said Pete was working on bring it to market . 

Anyway , it turned out that he ( Pete Stuff Pete ) promoted that secret mixture and is now the product I pictured above Nano Spray . 

Goes around , comes around .

2 hours ago, phoenix2013 said:

1,400 posts and I got a "newbie" badge for the last comment I made. I figured it must be some "born again" campaign.

Lol, I’m now an “apprentice “.  Feels like a Star Wars movie.  When do I get a light saber?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

3 hours ago, phoenix2013 said:

When you can use the Force to levitate your semi🧐

👍

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

If you haven't already, please consider registering your opinion about the new stuff (badges) here:

https://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/142423-bad-post/

The "bad post" part is my fault - just ignore it.  I haven't changed "bad-post" so something else because I was afraid it might break the link.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

On 7/5/2021 at 8:42 AM, GlennWest said:

Kroll is best. All I used in my business. Never failed me. Boy we got off topic. Lol

Kroll will do the job when the rest gives up. Had to guy a different product a few months back. Parts place told me it was 5X better than Kroll. Nope did not do its job, but kroll the next week. Took off 11 rusted juts. Where the other would not even help with a good clean nut.

event.png