She was very good.

lappir

But today she is a biter and pouncing on me constantly. 

It's been a while since I have had a pet in my home I would "Cat Sit" for my daughters feline and have for the 4 years she has had him. I would always miss him when  he would go back home. My daughter always encouraged me to get  a playmate of my own. 

Some of you may have read the Tuna saga where she was there and then gone. She seemed to get accustomed easily to the transfer from an outside to inside cat after her visit to the Vet to get checked out, vaccinated and spayed.  She even traveled very well in the truck from Oklahoma to North Dakota with a side trip to South  East Iowa. 

3VD70fQl.jpg

Here's s picture of her being good watching the dog outside. 

It's been a progressive thing. She would hide under my bed and pounce on my foot when I would walk by. Never with claws out and I thought it was cute. Recently she has chosen to DEMAND attention by attacking me with claws out and biting until I start playing with her. Today it has been constant since I got out of bed and am trying to get ready for work. I did purchase a new toy yesterday. Its a round tray with a ping pong ball in a track on the outside and a cardboard scratching area on the inside. There was a bag of "Catnip" included that you are to sprinkle into the cardboard, but apparently it came fully loaded. She was enamored with it for almost 30 minutes and then started playing with the ball attached for another hour. Quite funny to watch. 

So any other cat owners encountered this and is there a fix? I was thinking it was too good to be true, how she was such a good cat. When I lay down to sleep she climbs in bed and remains there until just before the alarm goes off or her water fountain turns on ( I need to synchronize that to the alarm.) At least as far as I know. She doesn't make a peep all night and if I wake up she is right there. 

It took me  a bit to write this this morning, but now she seems to have been played/attacked out. I did put food out and clean the litter box already thinking maybe she was trying to communicate with me. The only thing it seems is she wants attention. 

Rod  

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I'd come at you with claws and teeth also, if you had neutered me.  Just kidding.  You're describing the reason I don't have a pet.  Some of them just need a whole lot more attention than I'm willing to give.  You just don't know what kind of personality you're going to get until it's too late.

10 hours ago, catsaplenty said:

Anyway to have another cat over for a playdate?  Sometimes 2 cats is better as they amuse each other.  But one who has ruled the roost may not car for an addition.

Not currently. I may still need to do an occasional assist with my daughters feline, but that's usually only at the middle of winter. He has been to my home on wheels a few times and we got along very well every time. The two haven't yet met, but the he has had a roommate for almost a year who is moving away next month and he will get two new roommates, so my care may not be necessary. I thought about an introduction, but it would have only been for a few hours so I nixed that. May check my current area about the need for a "Foster" and see if that's possible. 

Thanks for the replies, comments and suggestions. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

On 6/30/2021 at 6:44 AM, durangodon said:

I'd come at you with claws and teeth also, if you had neutered me. 

The reality is that many of us get neutered once the family size limit has been reached.    😸🐶

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully it's getting better now. It took a couple loud noises to get the message across, but now it's just a firm no and the frequency is decreasing. Of course she is teaching me that she want's some attention as much as I'm teaching her not to bite. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Rod,

Your kitty sounds a lot like Hunter, our cat we rescued when he was 2.  He attacked me all the time.  My sister suggested watching Jackson Galaxy on YouTube, especially the "My Cat From Hell" series.  He describes our cats' behaviors:  hunt, catch, kill, eat, groom, sleep, repeat.  He described the situation to a tee, and if you will play with your cat they'll wear out in a bit and quit hunting you.  His insight is amazing and it was fun to watch while learning to understand my poor energy-filled teenager stuck in a tiny place.  Hunter and I had a lot of fun thinking up games and he quit attacking me.  Jackson said cats wear out pretty fast - "boil, simmer, boil, simmer, short boil" and 15 minutes ought to do it.  Hunter is an over achiever and will play for about 45 minutes if I can take it.

Get a wand or fishing pole and some different toys to drag or make fly.  You'll find out if your cat likes ground prey or air pray.  Does she hide in the "bushes" or the "trees?"  Hunter hunts from the bushes (under the table, under the bedspread overhang).  He loves to chase stuff on the floor but if I can get him jumping and leaping it he gets to be ferocious and wears out faster.  LOL.

Go check it out on YT.  There are a lot of short segments - not all are full episodes - and Jackson Galaxy is the key; he's done other shows besides My Cat From Hell.

I also have a strong harness and 3 leashes connected for one long one - about 15' - so I can take Hunter for a walk.  He loves it and we'd go more often if it wasn't so hot ("feels like 111").  

Glad you have a furry friend. Hunter brought a lot of joy during difficult days.

Hope to catch you on the road again one day.  We're still grounded in the RGV.

Sheri

9 hours ago, rocksbride said:

Hey Rod,

Your kitty sounds a lot like Hunter, our cat we rescued when he was 2.  He attacked me all the time.  My sister suggested watching Jackson Galaxy on YouTube, especially the "My Cat From Hell" series.  He describes our cats' behaviors:  hunt, catch, kill, eat, groom, sleep, repeat.  He described the situation to a tee, and if you will play with your cat they'll wear out in a bit and quit hunting you.  His insight is amazing and it was fun to watch while learning to understand my poor energy-filled teenager stuck in a tiny place.  Hunter and I had a lot of fun thinking up games and he quit attacking me.  Jackson said cats wear out pretty fast - "boil, simmer, boil, simmer, short boil" and 15 minutes ought to do it.  Hunter is an over achiever and will play for about 45 minutes if I can take it.

Get a wand or fishing pole and some different toys to drag or make fly.  You'll find out if your cat likes ground prey or air pray.  Does she hide in the "bushes" or the "trees?"  Hunter hunts from the bushes (under the table, under the bedspread overhang).  He loves to chase stuff on the floor but if I can get him jumping and leaping it he gets to be ferocious and wears out faster.  LOL.

Go check it out on YT.  There are a lot of short segments - not all are full episodes - and Jackson Galaxy is the key; he's done other shows besides My Cat From Hell.

I also have a strong harness and 3 leashes connected for one long one - about 15' - so I can take Hunter for a walk.  He loves it and we'd go more often if it wasn't so hot ("feels like 111").  

Glad you have a furry friend. Hunter brought a lot of joy during difficult days.

Hope to catch you on the road again one day.  We're still grounded in the RGV.

Sheri

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I have come to terms with it and yes I have searched the "You Tube" quite a bit in addition to other sources. I guess my first cat's were the more docile kind and it was 20 years ago, so memory may have been stretched. 

My daughters cat is a perfect gentleman whenever I took care of him. The worst thing was he found out how to open on of my wardrobe drawers and find his way back under the shower. I wondered why some of my dark colored socks would come out of the clean clothes drawer covered with cat hair that I knew wasn't there when I put them in the drawer. 

I have a harness and have taken "Tuna" out for a walk, but all she wanted to do was crawl under the trailer. Need to just load her up in the Jeep and go to an area where there is nothing to hide under and see what happens. She is pretty good about coming to me when I call her (at least inside) and doesn't get weird when picked up. 

Sorry to hear you are "Grounded", hope all is well. I have made a reservation and have the time off for the HDT Rally this year, hope to see you there if things work out to get ungrounded. 

I was hoping to have a nice cool summer in North Dakota, but it's turned out to be the hottest summer they have had for a while. It's also has been extremely dry and I'm on a gravel road about a mile to get to the park. I gave up trying to keep my vehicles clean, I just keep them covered. 

Until the next time our paths cross, 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

We have 2, male/female (both fixed as they are brother/sister).  Both can get aggressive when playing with either of us or with each other, the male a little rougher than the female.  We have found to wear them out, they love to chase laser lights moved about on floor.  Takes about 10 minutes and they are both tired/calmed down.  Once a day keeps them happy but of course, we hate doing it.... I mean, where's our fun in doing this?  hehehehehe

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.