Hidden TV mount will not lower

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

And knowing what brand/model RV you have

According to her profile, she has a 2013 Sanibel 3400 fifth wheel from Prime Time RV, a division of Forest River. 

Am I correct that this is a powered raise and lower device? Does it seem to make any attempt to move or make any sound when you try to lower it? I would think that it probably shares a circuit breaker with the TV, so does the TV work? Also, did you open and then close each of the circuit breakers, or just look at them? It is very difficult to tell if  a circuit breaker has tripped with most of them as the handle moves very little but it must be moved to the fully open position in order reset it if it has tripped. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Every TV lift in an RV I have ever seen has been 12 volt powered.  This means the circuit will be a fuse in the 12 volt power panel, not a circuit breaker in the 120 volt power panel.  Check the fuses, then check the wiring at the switch and the motor for the lift.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

13 hours ago, Kirk W said:

According to her profile, she has a 2013 Sanibel 3400 fifth wheel from Prime Time RV, a division of Forest River. 

Am I correct that this is a powered raise and lower device? Does it seem to make any attempt to move or make any sound when you try to lower it? I would think that it probably shares a circuit breaker with the TV, so does the TV work? Also, did you open and then close each of the circuit breakers, or just look at them? It is very difficult to tell if  a circuit breaker has tripped with most of them as the handle moves very little but it must be moved to the fully open position in order reset it if it has tripped. 

Yes, I tried turning off each circuit breaker.  There is no sound or attempt to move when I try to lower it.  The TV works.

Thank you for your reins.

4 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Every TV lift in an RV I have ever seen has been 12 volt powered.  This means the circuit will be a fuse in the 12 volt power panel, not a circuit breaker in the 120 volt power panel.  Check the fuses, then check the wiring at the switch and the motor for the lift.

Thank you for the suggestion.I will try it out. There are a lot more 12 volt fuses than I am used to dealing with.

Regardless of the cause, if there's no voltage present (perhaps caused by a blown fuse or tripped breaker OR A BAD/BROKEN/LOOSE WIRING CONNECTION) even if you don't have a DC Voltmeter a cheap simple 12 Volt Test Light can help. You FIRST need voltage present and then a good working switch or relay to  make it operate.

John T 

Does the lift use a battery operated remote or a wall mounted switch? If it is a remote, try replacing the battery in the remote. It is also possible that the remote control board has failed and you would need to locate that to determine if it can be replaced. Many of the lifts use a linear electric actuator to do the motion and as mentioned are usually 12vdc. I just had to replace a remote control board on a system I use as the actuator would not lower but would raise up. I was able to reverse the wires to get the actuator to lower temporarily.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.