Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines Likely to Produce Lasting Immunity

Kirk are you talking about "DevilishJim' on the forum?  I remember his wife coming on to let us know a little about the circumstance. Sure hope she is doing well.

If I have not said so there is one person here where I volunteer that was a naysayer and not careful around others has come down with it.  I am finding it difficult to be sympathetic especially since the last interaction I had with her she said everyone here in the US should speak English right after I tried to help a couple here for a wedding didn't speak English and I had trouble helping them. I guess she never heard of tourist spending their money on our economy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

Kirk links directly to Facebook for many of his memes here. I had trouble too until I decided to right click and open it up in another tab. Perfect every time.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Yep I use Firefox with full privacy and Facebook containers to prevent FB from following me around. It doesn't see Kirk's memes except as a series of number unless I right click on the number and select open in a new tab. If I switch to Chrome or MS's new Chrome bases Edge browsers it lets it through which is insecure from FB.

Kirk, I save memes I like on FB to my pictures folder by right clicking and selecting save image and them going to the folder I want it to be in and right clicking in the folder and selecting paste.

That way I can copy it to any FB page or here via a photo hosting network like http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

It works great for folks who don't allow shares on FB.

Here is a screen capture of your first meme in this thread and shows what we see using securely set up browsers when you post a meme here:

lw1Br4bl.jpg

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

No prob Kirk. Glad to help.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Even though hoping is not a strategy I hope this is the case that these vaccines could last 5 years.

Out of the 25 people in my family that are age eligible only 7 of us are vaccinated. The ones that are avid Trump supporters are the ones not vaccinated.  Not trying to open a can of worms but it's a fact in my family.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Wasn't it fortunate that Polio wasn't seen as a political statement when the vaccine was developed.   And all of the people who refuse to get the Covid-19 vaccines are those who vaccinate their children against Polio, even though Polio never killed the numbers that Covid has killed.   Why people would willingly subject themselves to getting a disease when it is unnecessary, and eventually those who aren't vaccinated will get the disease.  And many, many, many of them will die, often still proclaiming that the whole thing is a hoax.    

What is even worse, is that they have already identified a number of other viruses, including a number of corona viruses, that will likely jump from animal into human population over the next few years.  The next one is out there, and yet we are not preparing for it.   SMH 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

11 hours ago, jamtracy said:

Out of the 25 people in my family that are age eligible only 7 of us are vaccinated.

As far as I know, our family is somewhat similar. Both of us, all 3 of our sons & their wives are fully vaccinated. Both grandchildren who are in HS are fully vaccinated now and the two in the military are also. I know that at least 2 are not vaccinated. Of my cousins and their families, I know that some are, and I also know that some have refused to be, but I really am not sure about who is and who isn't. I hesitate to ask many members of the extended family to avoid the debates that might cause. We have also hesitated to visit some of them for the lack of knowledge. 

The antagonism that the subject seems to trigger has really made me appreciate the Escapee policy of no political or religious posts or discussions. We are more comfortable visiting Escapade than to visit a large family gathering.    🤥

Edited by Kirk W
repair a typo

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

13 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

And all of the people who refuse to get the Covid-19 vaccines are those who vaccinate their children against Polio, even though Polio never killed the numbers that Covid has killed.   Why people would willingly subject themselves to getting a disease when it is unnecessary, and eventually those who aren't vaccinated will get the disease.

The biggest argument I have seen is that the vaccines are technically still experimental in that they bypassed some of the normal testing. I suppose that is true but to me that is now a moot point because the numbers are now far exceeding anything that would have been used in testing and the results are very, very favorable.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

8 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

Interesting! If I a reading that article right then you are only eligible if you test positive for COVID. I wonder if this is true for those few that may test positive after receiving the vaccine.

21 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

If I a reading that article right then you are only eligible if you test positive for COVID.

I don't understand what you are asking? This is not a preventative medication but one that helps to reduce severity once you have it. 

Monoclonal antibodies may help you if you:

• Have a positive COVID-19 test
  • Have recent onset of mild or moderate COVID-19 symptoms
  • Are at high risk of getting more serious symptoms
  • Are 12 years old or older and weigh at least 88 pounds

16 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I don't understand what you are asking? This is not a preventative medication but one that helps to reduce severity once you have it. 

If you follow the rest of what I said I was wondering if they would use this treatment on  people that have been vaccinated the come down with COVID. 

We are already being told that vaccinated folks should exhibit far fewer and milder symptoms if they should contract the virus.

21 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

If you follow the rest of what I said I was wondering if they would use this treatment on  people that have been vaccinated the come down with COVID. 

We are already being told that vaccinated folks should exhibit far fewer and milder symptoms if they should contract the virus.

Monoclonal antibodies are intended for mild and moderate infections. That would certainly seem to include the infected vaccinated with mild symptoms as well.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

2 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Monoclonal antibodies are intended for mild and moderate infections. That would certainly seem to include the infected vaccinated with mild symptoms as well.

I'm no doctor, I guess with a little more thought, I was wondering if the two things would collide, so to speak, since the vaccine also forces your body to create antibodies. Maybe Barbaraok will chime in, she seems to have a good understanding medical science. 

If you have been vaccinated and then develop symptoms, it would indicate that either you have picked up a variant to the virus that isn't affected by the vaccination or that your vaccination didn't produce enough antibodies to battle the virus (assuming that you have gotten a heavy viral loa).  Either way, once you've tested positive, I would ask if monoclonal therapy would help.    The trick is you have to do it right away - so if you have been in an area that is showing increasing numbers of people who are unvaccinated and getting sick and in an event with lots of those people around, then get tested and if positive, get seen right away.    If in an area like Missouri right now, even though vaccinated, I would avoid any setting where there were a lot of people because the delta variant is on fire in Missouri and the more it is transmitted the greater chance of it mutating into something even more aggressive than we have now!  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Colorado Springs is such a place and we are having an increase in Delta Variant infections in El Paso County right now. So we are personally back to masks with all and avoiding unnecessary trips to the public grocery stores preferring the commissary as they have a more vaccinated base. However some or many of the retirees might believe the anti vaxxer nonsense so we mask there too despite it not being required for the vaccinated.

This variant can infect some who are vaccinated the percentages are just not in yet but as we go it will all become more clear and as routine as the annual flu shot we get.

As a supplement to Barb;s excellent description here is a link to what antiviral drugs are, and what they do, like the ones for the flu. Monoclonal fall into that group: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/drugs/21531-antivirals

Gary here's news from your old home base:

Delta Variant Cases Increasing in More Than Half of Colorado

July 2, 2021

"And the counties with the most cases as of June 23 are in much worse shape on July 2. El Paso's Delta variant total has gone from 103 to 237, and Mesa's leaped from 218 to 418."

https://www.westword.com/news/covid-19-delta-variant-colorado-spread-worsening-july-2021-update-12021567

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

18 hours ago, RV_ said:

However some or many of the retirees might believe the anti vaxxer nonsense so we mask there too despite it not being required for the vaccinated.

It would help if there were only some way to look at a person and know if they are vaccinated. I suspect that most who don't do vaccines also do not wear a mask. It is difficult to know what is safe nowadays.  

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

It would help if there were only some way to look at a person and know if they are vaccinated. I suspect that most who don't do vaccines also do not wear a mask. It is difficult to know what is safe nowadays.  

Kirk, what is safer is to mask at all times and go back to 2020 precautions and stay away from indoor crowds not wearing masks, limit our grocery trips, avoid indoor dining or being in a restaurant with folks not wearing masks. That is just not an issue for us. We have projects here and four streaming services to relax with evenings.

Read the next new thread I am about to post here for the shocking increases in the states with low population percentages of people who are fully vaccinated.

And the large numbers of folks who have had only one shot just have no clue. Why do only one when you've had one and lived through the horrible slightly sore arm or the more heinous feeling tired for 24 -48 hours? Yes like the flu shots we take every year some folks get reactions 99.99999999999% do not get.:rolleyes:

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998