Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines Likely to Produce Lasting Immunity

We both got the Pfizer and this is great news!

Excerpt:

"The vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna set off a persistent immune reaction in the body that may protect against the coronavirus for years, scientists reported on Monday.

The findings add to growing evidence that most people immunized with the mRNA vaccines may not need boosters, so long as the virus and its variants do not evolve much beyond their current forms — which is not guaranteed. People who recovered from Covid-19 before being vaccinated may not need boosters even if the virus does make a significant transformation.

“It’s a good sign for how durable our immunity is from this vaccine,” said Ali Ellebedy, an immunologist at Washington University in St. Louis who led the study, which was published in the journal Nature."

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/pfizer-and-moderna-vaccines-likely-to-produce-lasting-immunity-study-finds/ar-AALwIVD

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of us got Moderna as did one of our daughters. Our other daughter had Pfizer as did both of our grandkids. Our two great grandkids are still too young, but we're hoping that will change fairly soon...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I'm keeping positive those un-vaccinated will  realize this too; otherwise this will be a persistent virus like influenza.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

16 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

I'm keeping positive those un-vaccinated will  realize this too; otherwise this will be a persistent virus like influenza.

"Duke researchers working on mRNA flu vaccine that would last up to 5 years"

https://www.wect.com/2021/04/15/duke-researchers-working-mrna-flu-vaccine-that-would-last-up-years/

Dutch

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

I have talked with some that haven't and won't get it.  They all have specific reasons why and I wouldn't expect it will change soon.  There has been a lot of talk that it is political but I haven't encountered that.  Just this weekend an EMT explained his reason and explained why his wife who is a PA won't be getting theirs.  I think covid will be here for some time.  They are working on booster vaccines as thousands of cases of break through have been identified and there have been deaths.  The WHO is back to recommending masks, social distancing and so on.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

You mean those foreign substances like the vaccines that have virtually eliminated yellow fever, smallpox, malaria, poliomyelitis, measles, rubella, and diphtheria in the US? And given the alternatives, I'm very glad I'm fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19. Recent research reports from both Moderna and Pfizer suggest their mRNA vaccines may cause years of immunity compared to the ~6 months of immunity following an active infection recovery. If you're fortunate enough to fully recover of course...

Dutch

Don't run your head against a tree dutch. Believers have fought this battle so many times it seems pointless and a waste of time to argue it any longer.  As for me, I am with you but my head is sore and the tree is still standing.  On second thought exchange tree for rock.

You're likely right, Jim, but I keep hoping I might convince at least one person to actually look at the science and possibly save their own or someone else's life, or at least possibly save them from a lot of misery.

Dutch

1 hour ago, Randyretired said:

I have talked with some that haven't and won't get it.  They all have specific reasons why and I wouldn't expect it will change soon.  There has been a lot of talk that it is political but I haven't encountered that.  Just this weekend an EMT explained his reason and explained why his wife who is a PA won't be getting theirs.  I think covid will be here for some time.  They are working on booster vaccines as thousands of cases of break through have been identified and there have been deaths.  The WHO is back to recommending masks, social distancing and so on.

The EMT and his wife may find themselves out of a job if they don't get the vaccination.   There really aren't any valid reasons, since  the mRNA vaccines aren't incubated in eggs.   The reactions that people have had they can get with any vaccination - just a sign that the immune system is busy.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

12 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

The EMT and his wife may find themselves out of a job if they don't get the vaccination.   There really aren't any valid reasons, since  the mRNA vaccines aren't incubated in eggs.   The reactions that people have had they can get with any vaccination - just a sign that the immune system is busy.   

I have read that some medical facilities are refusing to let unvaccinated people work there. I've been asking medical personnel I see and, so far, they have all been vaccinated. Plus, they are still wearing masks but you can't really social distance from people treating you. ;)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 minutes ago, sandsys said:

I have read that some medical facilities are refusing to let unvaccinated people work there. I've been asking medical personnel I see and, so far, they have all been vaccinated. Plus, they are still wearing masks but you can't really social distance from people treating you. ;)

Linda

And at least one judge has upheld the vaccinated mandate as legal for any health care facility.  Another hospital is New York just fired workers who refused to get vaccinated.  One woman said they were taking her 'choice' away - when in fact they gave her a choice, vaccinate and work or not.   And to get into nursing school she would have had to have gotten a whole slew of vaccinations in addition to the ones she had as a child.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

In the county I live in the majority have not been vaccinated.  Even though the number of covid cases are relatively high they can't entice people to get vaccinated. This county finally reached 40% yet there are places where even less have been vaccinated.  Herd immunity is going to be a long time out and variants will continue to evolve as there are numerous pockets where covid is well and strong.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

23 minutes ago, Randyretired said:

In the county I live in the majority have not been vaccinated.  Even though the number of covid cases are relatively high they can't entice people to get vaccinated. This county finally reached 40% yet there are places where even less have been vaccinated.  Herd immunity is going to be a long time out and variants will continue to evolve as there are numerous pockets where covid is well and strong.

Being vaccinated is not the only way to reach herd immunity.  🙂

I am still surprised at the number of people refusing to get vaccinated.  It is saddening to see the case count rising in the deeply red states.  The possible side effects of the vaccine present far fewer possibilities of problems than the current and future problems from the virus. 

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, TXiceman said:

The possible side effects of the vaccine present far fewer possibilities of problems than the current and future problems from the virus. 

Only a few months ago there was a regular on these forums who contracted covid-19 while in Quartzsite. His wife posted here when he was taken by ambulance to a hospital and then later she posted of his passing. There have been 3 people who we knew that passed away as a result of covid-19. Out of all the people we know who have been fully vaccinated, the very worst reported side effects were feeling poorly for a couple of days. Members of our family have received doses of all 3 of the vaccines currently in use. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just had morning coffee with a highly-qualified candidate for state level office (Election filling vacancy).   Amazing, that he supports vaccines, he is vaccinated, but feels it is an individual  'personal Freedom' decision as to whether or not to be vaccinated.   He supports a Bill in Michigan to prevent "requiring vaccination for activities/involvement".   I pointed out that "Public Health concerns" should supercede viewpoints of what constitutes "Personal Freedoms".   I think I saw a flash of agreement... but then  political reality set in.   I have hopes for him.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

4 hours ago, durangodon said:

Agree, but like my Daddy said, "some people just have to learn the hard way".

I always liked this Will Rogers quote:

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

3 hours ago, Jim &amp; Alice said:

I think I saw a flash of agreement... but then  political reality set in.   I have hopes for him.

I don't know why, when it is apparent that he isn't a leader but just someone who wants to do whatever necessary to get the most votes.  That's pandering to the loudest bullies in any crowd.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834