Changes to member display

6 hours ago, lappir said:

Maybe or maybe not. I agree with the club portion, but without the "Club" would there be this? Was it the chicken or the egg? 

The club began in 1977 but the forums didn't start until sometime in the early 90's. The forums have always been open to non-members. I don't know why the management chose to do that but I joined the forums a year or two before I was a club member. The magazine was one of the primary reasons I joined when I did. 

All Escapees RV Club Members Receive These Valuable Benefits

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

The club began in 1977 but the forums didn't start until sometime in the early 90's. The forums have always been open to non-members. I don't know why the management chose to do that but I joined the forums a year or two before I was a club member. The magazine was one of the primary reasons I joined when I did. 

All Escapees RV Club Members Receive These Valuable Benefits

Kirk; your link keeps bringing me to the top of page three.  Kept me busy for bout half an hour!

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

7 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The forums have always been open to non-members. I don't know why the management chose to do that but I joined the forums a year or two before I was a club member.

It seems to me you answered your own question. I wonder how many of us joined the forums before joining the club after the forums persuaded us this was a good place to be?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 1 month later...

Well, today I became a regular member, was I irregular before?

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

🚽 I think I prefer regular.  ;)  WAIT! I know I do.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961