Jump to content

Changes to member display


Recommended Posts

Well I'm still listed as "Rookie" - of course I've only been here since 2005.   Clearly have to do some more work!    Just realized that the #posts seems low - but then I remembered that they seem to "lose" posts with each software update they do.   Because the 4K would mean just 250 posts each year.   And we all know that I'm shy and retiring, but not much.  

Edited by Barbaraok
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

It's coming from Invision, the hosting software company that Escapees uses, not the in-house IT group.

True, but they report to the Escapees IT since they are the customer. I did hear back that IT has had a very busy week but will look into the changes tomorrow. They were aware that the host had a software update coming but had not had the time to check things out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It turns out that it appears that the Escapees company can disable the Badges if they want to .  Please consider expressing your opinion about the Badges in this poll:

https://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/142423-whats-your-opinion-about-the-new-badges/

P.S.  It appears this thread has been edited.  A snarky post removed.  But one casualty didn't make any sense to me.  So, I want to make it clear, that Dutch_12078, is the one who found the link to the Invision information about a free plugin.  It enables admins to easily disable Badges, if they want to.

Edited by DanZemke
To reconvey factual informate that was deleted
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DanZemke said:

So, I want to make it clear, that Dutch_12078, is the one who found the link to the Invision information about a free plugin.  It enables admins to easily disable Badges, if they want to.

That seems to be the key, however, while the forum is free to anyone it is the dues of the paying members that provide the funding. Hopefully the Escapees folks will take note. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Chalkie said:

That seems to be the key, however, while the forum is free to anyone it is the dues of the paying members that provide the funding. Hopefully the Escapees folks will take note. 

I honestly do not understand.  The only interpretation I've been able to come up with, is that current dues paying members opinions, should be more important that life-time members.  That could be an interesting discussion. 

If that was not your intent, who are you positioning due-paying members against?

Edited by DanZemke
clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DanZemke said:

I honestly do not understand.  The only interpretation I've been able to come up with, is that current dues paying members opinions, should be more important that life-time members.  That could be an interesting discussion. 

If that was not your intent, who are you positioning due-paying members against?

I think he was referring to frequent posters who let their Escapees membership lapse 5 years ago.

Edited by Lou Schneider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

I think he was referring to frequent posters who let their Escapees membership lapse 5 years ago.

Lou,

I get the fact, that some on this forum have paid for it, and others are free-riders.  But to me, any post that provides useful information is welcome.  Dutch_12078's post was very informative, IMO.

Edited by DanZemke
clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DanZemke said:

Lou,

I get the fact, that some on this forum have paid for it, and others are free-riders.  But to me, any post that provides useful information is welcome.  Dutch_12078's post was very informative, IMO.

And just to be clear, Dutch_12078 is a paid up member until 2023. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2021 at 12:40 PM, DanZemke said:

If that was not your intent, who are you positioning due-paying members against?

I would hope that the Admins would pay attention to the dues paying members opinions. After all it is those dues that provide their income. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Remember, it is doubtful that most Escapees are on this forum.  

Without knowing how many current paid members there are and how many forum members there are that seems to me to be something difficult to guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

Without knowing how many current paid members there are and how many forum members there are that seems to me to be something difficult to guess. 

Plus, you don't need to be a member of Escapees to participate in this forum.

Linda

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Plus, you don't need to be a member of Escapees to participate in this forum.

Linda

True, but with forums where I have been an admin could tell how many daily visitors you had whether they were posting members or lurkers. One of the forums where I am currently involved we actually show that number at the bottom of the forum and break out how many are members (i.e., have a user name) or guests (i.e., the lurkers). I'm pretty sure the admins must have access to that kind of data whether publicly displayed or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, gypsydan said:

And I notice that some have the notification they are a YES, and others are a NO. Is this a secret society to identify members?   OR, could this mean those with a YES are better than those with a NO, or vice-versa? OR . . . . . ?

The "Yes" and "No" are appearing just below our Escapees member numbers. This is where the lifetime membership information used to display... perhaps they just forgot to label it.

Rob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2021 at 9:48 AM, Second Chance said:

The "Yes" and "No" are appearing just below our Escapees member numbers. This is where the lifetime membership information used to display... perhaps they just forgot to label it.

Rob

I think you hit it.  I'm a Lifetime Member and a "Yes"..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

All the water you need...No matter where you go

Country Thunder Iowa

Nomad Internet

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

RV Air.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...