Changes to member display

Well I'm still listed as "Rookie" - of course I've only been here since 2005.   Clearly have to do some more work!    Just realized that the #posts seems low - but then I remembered that they seem to "lose" posts with each software update they do.   Because the 4K would mean just 250 posts each year.   And we all know that I'm shy and retiring, but not much.  

Edited by Barbaraok

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

I sent an email to IT to see what they know of this change but have not heard back. 

It's coming from Invision, the hosting software company that Escapees uses, not the in-house IT group.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

4 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

It's coming from Invision, the hosting software company that Escapees uses, not the in-house IT group.

True, but they report to the Escapees IT since they are the customer. I did hear back that IT has had a very busy week but will look into the changes tomorrow. They were aware that the host had a software update coming but had not had the time to check things out.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Diggity! A pop-up just told me I'm now an Explorer. My apprenticeship has evidently ended-what no cake?.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

It turns out that it appears that the Escapees company can disable the Badges if they want to .  Please consider expressing your opinion about the Badges in this poll:

https://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/142423-whats-your-opinion-about-the-new-badges/

P.S.  It appears this thread has been edited.  A snarky post removed.  But one casualty didn't make any sense to me.  So, I want to make it clear, that Dutch_12078, is the one who found the link to the Invision information about a free plugin.  It enables admins to easily disable Badges, if they want to.

Edited by DanZemke
To reconvey factual informate that was deleted

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

21 hours ago, DanZemke said:

So, I want to make it clear, that Dutch_12078, is the one who found the link to the Invision information about a free plugin.  It enables admins to easily disable Badges, if they want to.

That seems to be the key, however, while the forum is free to anyone it is the dues of the paying members that provide the funding. Hopefully the Escapees folks will take note. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

17 hours ago, Chalkie said:

That seems to be the key, however, while the forum is free to anyone it is the dues of the paying members that provide the funding. Hopefully the Escapees folks will take note. 

I honestly do not understand.  The only interpretation I've been able to come up with, is that current dues paying members opinions, should be more important that life-time members.  That could be an interesting discussion. 

If that was not your intent, who are you positioning due-paying members against?

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

10 minutes ago, DanZemke said:

I honestly do not understand.  The only interpretation I've been able to come up with, is that current dues paying members opinions, should be more important that life-time members.  That could be an interesting discussion. 

If that was not your intent, who are you positioning due-paying members against?

I think he was referring to frequent posters who let their Escapees membership lapse 5 years ago.

Edited by Lou Schneider

2 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

I think he was referring to frequent posters who let their Escapees membership lapse 5 years ago.

Lou,

I get the fact, that some on this forum have paid for it, and others are free-riders.  But to me, any post that provides useful information is welcome.  Dutch_12078's post was very informative, IMO.

Edited by DanZemke
clarity

5 hours ago, DanZemke said:

Lou,

I get the fact, that some on this forum have paid for it, and others are free-riders.  But to me, any post that provides useful information is welcome.  Dutch_12078's post was very informative, IMO.

And just to be clear, Dutch_12078 is a paid up member until 2023. :)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 7/12/2021 at 12:40 PM, DanZemke said:

I would hope that the Admins would pay attention to the dues paying members opinions. After all it is those dues that provide their income. 

20 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Remember, it is doubtful that most Escapees are on this forum.  

Without knowing how many current paid members there are and how many forum members there are that seems to me to be something difficult to guess. 

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

Without knowing how many current paid members there are and how many forum members there are that seems to me to be something difficult to guess. 

Plus, you don't need to be a member of Escapees to participate in this forum.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

39 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Plus, you don't need to be a member of Escapees to participate in this forum.

Linda

True, but with forums where I have been an admin could tell how many daily visitors you had whether they were posting members or lurkers. One of the forums where I am currently involved we actually show that number at the bottom of the forum and break out how many are members (i.e., have a user name) or guests (i.e., the lurkers). I'm pretty sure the admins must have access to that kind of data whether publicly displayed or not. 

• 1 month later...

And I notice that some have the notification they are a YES, and others are a NO. Is this a secret society to identify members?   OR, could this mean those with a YES are better than those with a NO, or vice-versa? OR . . . . . ?

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

1 minute ago, gypsydan said:

And I notice that some have the notification they are a YES, and others are a NO. Is this a secret society to identify members?   OR, could this mean those with a YES are better than those with a NO, or vice-versa? OR . . . . . ?

The "Yes" and "No" are appearing just below our Escapees member numbers. This is where the lifetime membership information used to display... perhaps they just forgot to label it.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Found this today. It had been a topic in other locations before. Only skimmed the content and didn't read much. Did make it to "Collaborator" 59 minutes ago and unfortunately I am not a paying member. I should have purchased the lifetime when it was available, but did not and have not seen an offer again. I did look into a "Subscription" a few weeks ago but couldn't find the cost for some reason. Made sort of a 'snarky' comment to Kirk a little earlier today about the difficulty in posting photos here. Hope I don't get into too much trouble. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

2 hours ago, lappir said:

Hope I don't get into too much trouble. 

I don't know why you would? Or from who? 

I did look into a "Subscription" a few weeks ago but couldn't find the cost for some reason

$49.95 (USD) New membership for residents of the USA.
$59.95 (USD) New membership for residents of Canada.
$59.95 (USD) New membership for residents of Mexico.
$64.95 (USD) New membership for residents of countries other than the above.

Escapees RV Club New Membership

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

. I did look into a "Subscription" a few weeks ago but couldn't find the cost for some reason. Made sort of a 'snarky' comment to Kirk a little earlier today about the difficulty in posting photos here. Hope I don't get into too much trouble. 

Rod

You mean a membership?  Because there is no subscription to the forum.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

You mean a membership?  Because there is no subscription to the forum.  

It's sort of like a subscription in my mind. It used to and maybe still does include a magazine and multiple mailings.  

After Kirk's link I remember why I did not renew, yet. I would not be a new member and apparently you have to call a number. I will remember frequently the need to call, but it will either be between 4 and 6 AM or on a weekend like now.  Maybe someday they will extend an offer to renew and I'll be able to do it at a time convenient for me. 

Membership, subscription, patron, customer, follower, participant, watcher, lurker, and the entire list of new badges that are currently available even if you don't pay the money. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

49 minutes ago, lappir said:

It's sort of like a subscription in my mind. It used to and maybe still does include a magazine and multiple mailings.  

After Kirk's link I remember why I did not renew, yet. I would not be a new member and apparently you have to call a number. I will remember frequently the need to call, but it will either be between 4 and 6 AM or on a weekend like now.  Maybe someday they will extend an offer to renew and I'll be able to do it at a time convenient for me. 

Membership, subscription, patron, customer, follower, participant, watcher, lurker, and the entire list of new badges that are currently available even if you don't pay the money. 

Rod

I think you're talking of two different things.  Escapees RV Club is a subscription and that's where you'd get the magazine and mailings and mail service.

This forum doesn't require a membership.  You don't have to be an Escapee member to use it.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

1 hour ago, 2gypsies said:

I think you're talking of two different things.  Escapees RV Club is a subscription and that's where you'd get the magazine and mailings and mail service.

This forum doesn't require a membership.  You don't have to be an Escapee member to use it.

Maybe or maybe not. I agree with the club portion, but without the "Club" would there be this? Was it the chicken or the egg? 

I don't know, but the "Forum" may be self sufficient with the fees paid by advertisers. Sad part is I avoid most places that spend money advertising their services on line and do very little "On Line" shopping. I only order something to be delivered to me if it's totally not available where I am or will be in the near future give or take 3 to 6 months.  I try my best to find a locally owned business with each new location I plan to spend over a few days at. It is getting harder and harder to do, but hopefully what little money I spend with them helps. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800