Changes to member display

So I noticed today that you now have to hover over an icon to get someone's exact post count and there is this new icon that when you hover over it says "Newbie 1/14". It is say that for everyone even the long time members like Kirk.

Can anyone explain, please?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Can anyone explain, please?

Since the forums are not hosed in-house, I am going to guess that the host server did some sort of update that caused it. Since the IT department doesn't have anyone who works weekends, I'll see what I can find out on Monday.

I had not noticed that change either until I read this post.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

That "waving" hand is simply irritating in my opinion. It adds nothing.

Linda

??  It doesn't 'wave' on my screen.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Very interesting. I don't follow the Badges shown on my Profile page. I have 3 badges where Chalkie has 5 badges. There seems to be up to 14 difference badges.

Just like TV programs tune in next week for another part of the story

Clay Joined May 23, 2014

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

8 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

It's pretty rank that we are now ranked . And , seemingly , all in the same rank . LOL

Are you rankled? Couldn't resist.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Wow! I just got a  congratulations message that my rank was changed to 'Rookie'.  I've been on here sine 2003!!  This nonsense has got to go.  Who cares?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

9 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Any idea what you might have done?

My guess is that this will simply be based on post count since the update. Most "rankings" on message boards are done this way. Not much different than simply listing the number of posts as has been done all along. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

4 hours ago, mptjelgin said:

My guess is that this will simply be based on post count since the update. Most "rankings" on message boards are done this way. Not much different than simply listing the number of posts as has been done all along. 

Your post count is below your screen name and picture, expressed as  1.3k. I have no clue about the badges significance. One says "posting machine" with a tiny number encircled?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

17 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

Your post count is below your screen name and picture, expressed as  1.3k. I have no clue about the badges significance. One says "posting machine" with a tiny number encircled?

Understood. My point was that your "rank" will most likely change as your post count, since the update, increases. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

13 hours ago, mptjelgin said:

Understood. My point was that your "rank" will most likely change as your post count, since the update, increases. 

That seems correct. Mine just went up. It is actually pretty hilarious when someone like Kirk with 14K+ posts is just a rookie. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

9 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

It is actually pretty hilarious when someone like Kirk with 14K+ posts is just a rookie. 

If it were up to me, there would be no numbers of posts shown. I have to chuckle when someone complains about new things and at the same time says that they don't matter.  😊

I just received an Apprentice badge; what does that mean? This is my third apprenticeship, once after Westinghouse Electric tool and die maker school and once with Hobart welding school.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

32 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

I just received an Apprentice badge; what does that mean?

Maybe if you stick around long enough they will make you a journeyman? I noticed that I am now an apprentice too! 

I sent an email to IT to see what they know of this change but have not heard back.