Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

Be careful out there folks.

Excerpt:

"Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

The AP analyzed figures provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.

Among them: Only about 45 states report breakthrough infections, and some are more aggressive than others in looking for such cases. So the data probably understates such infections, CDC officials said.

Still, the overall trend that emerges from the data echoes what many health care authorities are seeing around the country and what top experts are saying.

Earlier this month, Andy Slavitt, a former adviser to the Biden administration on COVID-19, suggested that 98% to 99% of the Americans dying of the coronavirus are unvaccinated.

And CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said on Tuesday that the vaccine is so effective that “nearly every death, especially among adults, due to COVID-19, is, at this point, entirely preventable.” She called such deaths “particularly tragic.”

Deaths in the U.S. have plummeted from a peak of more than 3,400 day on average in mid-January, one month into the vaccination drive.

About 63% of all vaccine-eligible Americans — those 12 and older — have received at least one dose, and 53% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC. While vaccine remains scarce in much of the world, the U.S. supply is so abundant and demand has slumped so dramatically that shots sit unused.

Ross Bagne, a 68-year-old small-business owner in Cheyenne, Wyoming, was eligible for the vaccine in early February but didn’t get it. He died June 4, infected and unvaccinated, after spending more than three weeks in the hospital, his lungs filling with fluid. He was unable to swallow because of a stroke.

“He never went out, so he didn’t think he would catch it,” said his grieving sister, Karen McKnight. She wondered: “Why take the risk of not getting vaccinated?”

The preventable deaths will continue, experts predict, with unvaccinated pockets of the nation experiencing outbreaks in the fall and winter. Ali Mokdad, a professor of health metrics sciences at the University of Washington in Seattle, said modeling suggests the nation will hit 1,000 deaths per day again next year.

In Arkansas, which has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the nation, with only about 33% of the population fully protected, cases, hospitalizations and deaths are rising.

“It is sad to see someone go to the hospital or die when it can be prevented,” Gov. Asa Hutchinson tweeted as he urged people to get their shots.

Much more and related hot links here: https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

pjstough, These kind of videos are made for the really lowly educated.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Just now, bigjim said:

Oh yeah, look on youtube for Dr Sherri Tenpenny purported to hold a doctorate in something. She believes the vaccine causes magnetism in the body.    ?????????  I saw her on a news segment a short time ago.

I saw that too.  How crazy can one person be.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

Sherri J. Tenpenny is an American anti-vaccination activist who supports the disproved hypothesis that vaccines cause autism. An osteopathic physician, she is the author of four books opposing vaccination. I have wondered how many people like her secretly get vaccinated, but continue to propagate those theories because she makes her living through book sales and speaking fees? 

Here are 2 interesting articles on a related subject. 

Why COVID-19 conspiracy theories persist

Beliefs in Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation About COVID-19

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I am Back in West Michigan for a few months... I am amazed at the organized resistance to vaccines.  This observed thru extended family get togethers, church, social media.   I would say more, but that would steer into political observations.   I find it unbelievable.

Edited by Jim & Alice

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

17 minutes ago, whj469 said:

Jim and Alice: Must be those same people who tried to kidnap the Governor because she wanted people to wear masks?

It includes those people, but far more... people one would never believe could be anti-science/vaccine.   I would have to go into 'politics' to carry on any further, so I guess I'll go get another cup of coffee! Thanks.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Most places we have been the vaccines are available at Walmart, CVS and Walgreens.  There not much excuse to not getting the shot(s).

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

10 minutes ago, TXiceman said:

Most places we have been the vaccines are available at Walmart, CVS and Walgreens.  There not much excuse to not getting the shot(s).

Ken

Our (fully vaccinated) daughter took her dog to the vet the other day, and even they were offering the shots to pet owners.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

5 hours ago, GlennWest said:

We still not vaccinated. Not against it just hasen't  been convenient so we haven't. 

Wow!  Grocery stores administer it along with drug stores.  Not convenient?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

On 6/25/2021 at 5:55 AM, Kirk W said:

Sherri J. Tenpenny is an American anti-vaccination activist who supports the disproved hypothesis that vaccines cause autism. An osteopathic physician, she is the author of four books opposing vaccination. I have wondered how many people like her secretly get vaccinated, but continue to propagate those theories because she makes her living through book sales and speaking fees? 

Here are 2 interesting articles on a related subject. 

Why COVID-19 conspiracy theories persist

Beliefs in Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation About COVID-19

Lots.   Don't forget that Ayn Rand championed everyone doing everything for themselves, but she was enrolled in both social security and medicare, which paid for her hospital stays, etc., before she died.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

51 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Not where we were at.

Haven't been to Walmart either? All of them in this area that have a pharmacy also offer covid-19 vaccinations. I think that a case of covid-19 might be a bit inconvenient?

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Not where we were at.

I think I read you're now in Clarksville, TN.  Here's where you can get your vaccination.... sure hope you can work it in! 😃

https://www.solvhealth.com/tn/c/clarksville-tn-srv-covid-vaccine

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

8 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Lots.   Don't forget that Ayn Rand championed everyone doing everything for themselves, but she was enrolled in both social security and medicare, which paid for her hospital stays, etc., before she died.   

There has to be better words than ironic and hypocrite to describe this. 

On 6/30/2021 at 6:41 AM, TXiceman said:

Ken

Yes, I agree completely. I hope the ones that choose not to be vaccinated stay safe and alive. But the sad part is, there are going to be a percentage of them that die because they choose not to get vaccinated. What really makes it worse is because of them this keeps mutating and it could be bad for all of us. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3