gmail won't send to vtext.com

Sending a short email from gmail on my computer to my phone at vtext.com has worked for years.  Within the last week it's suddenly quit.  Here are some error messages:

The response was:
The user you are trying to contact is receiving mail at a rate that prevents additional messages from being delivered. Please resend your message at a later time. If the user is able to receive mail at that time, your message will be delivered. For more information, please visit https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6592

The response was:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net35.167.120.54: 421 vrz-ibgw-6003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - vKXZlrAieAttk - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.167.45 ] [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net35.165.168.89: 421 vrz-ibgw-6002a.ext.

The above support links are either irrelevant or inoperable. I have contacted Verizon but getting no useful help. I can send a message to my phone using another email like outlook.  Getting in contact with anyone at Google has proven impossible. 

What I find totally baffling about this is that apparently, nobody but me and a few hundred other users are the only ones seeing these error messages. 

I may be missing something here, but if you want to send something to your phone why not just send whatever from your gmail account to yourself at your gmail account? I do this all the time if I want to send things from my laptop to my phone and vice versa. For example, I took a pic on my phone and want to use it on the laptop I just attach it to an email and then send it to myself but opening that email on my laptop. (forexample@gmail.com as sender and recipient)

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

13 minutes ago, LindaH said:

X2

Me too. Been doing that for a long time and I also send things like pictures from my phone to the computer in the same way. Since I'm not a Verizon subscriber I was not aware of Vtext until this thread.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, LindaH said:

X2

Me X3! I didn't know there was any other method.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

For photos, there's the cloud method.  Either Apple or Google photos automatically upload to the cloud and download to your other devices.  I don't use either.  I send myself an email like others here.  🙂  Or, I connect my phone to my laptop via usb and transfer all the photos at once.

5 hours ago, Chalkie said:

I may be missing something here, but if you want to send something to your phone why not just send whatever from your gmail account to yourself at your gmail account?

Because I like having it appear as a text on my phone.  Nice for grocery lists.  This is a common feature of every carrier.

You gave the "Hee Haw" doctor answer.  :)

Edited by hemsteadc

29 minutes ago, hemsteadc said:

Because I like having it appear as a text on my phone.  Nice for grocery lists.  This is a common feature of every carrier.

Is this Vtext something similar to the Apple I-message?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

15 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Is this Vtext something similar to the Apple I-message?

Being an android guy I had to look that up, so yeah, I guess so.  

This is an abbreviated samplng of carriers and their email to text domains:

T-Mobile
mobile-number@tmomail.net (MMS)

U.S. Cellular
mobile-number@email.uscc.net (SMS)
mobile-number@mms.uscc.net (MMS)

Verizon
mobile-number@vtext.com (SMS)
mobile-number@vzwpix.com (MMS)

Virgin Mobile
mobile-number@vmobl.com (SMS)
mobile-number@vmpix.com (MMS)

Edited by hemsteadc

3 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Nice for grocery lists. 

I personally use the app Out of Milk for grocery lists. It automatically synchs to whoever is in my group and that way the wife and I are in synch depending on which of us is adding to the list or at the store. If that is all you are doing it seems a little clunky to me but whatever floats your boat. 

I just sent myself an email to text on my T-Mobile service and it worked just fine. It was actually slower in delivery than sending to myself in email by a considerable margin. Perhaps the issue is Verizon and where you are in their system? A slow tower?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

. Perhaps the issue is Verizon and where you are in their system? A slow tower?

The issue is either Verizon, gmail, or the combination, and only certain customers.  I can't get a meaningful response from either of them.  All  I get from Verizon is 'thoughts and prayers', and Google is not responding at all.

This has gone from not working at all, to delays of several minutes to several hours.    

On a related note, everything seems to be going wrong at once.

- my Facebook replies are all appearing in duplicate
- the Burger King app will not let me mobile order at the closest restaurant to me.  
- my YouTube previous searches are not mine, they're somebody else's
- my Verizon phone often doesn't ring

1 hour ago, hemsteadc said:

- the Burger King app will not let me mobile order at the closest restaurant to me.  

The UFO's have zeroed in on you.... time to move!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

17 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Seems someone is looking out for your best interests . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

On 6/25/2021 at 4:59 PM, hemsteadc said:

I suspect you've been hacked/identity theft?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 6/27/2021 at 1:45 PM, Ray,IN said:

I suspect you've been hacked/identity theft?

Well if that's the case the hacker certainly has a sense of humor.  Vtext has slowly improved and only minor delays, no thanks to Verizon employees who insist on asking the same dumb questions over and over.

That's good news, no hacker. Telephone call center employees must read from an on-screen script if they wish to retain their jobs. I agree the scripted questions seem dumb and immaterial to my problem too.

On 6/28/2021 at 5:10 PM, Ray,IN said:

. I agree the scripted questions seem dumb and immaterial to my problem too.

What's dumb and immaterial is when there's 6 pages of a thread with the questions already asked and answered, but each new 'customer service' rep doesn't read any of it, and only responds to the last person reporting the same trouble.  That gets very annoying.  I call it the "thoughts and prayers" response, because it's obvious they don't know how to help.

Edited by hemsteadc

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same issue. Had my Gmail forward some specific emails to my vtext, so that I was notified ASAP. Had been doing this for years, but this issue happened on June 14th for me, and has been an issue ever since. I can receive vtext to my phone from other email clients (like hotmail or outlook), but Gmail doesn’t work. I keep getting error messages back in my Gmail saying “Delivery incomplete. There was a temporary problem delivering your message to BLANK@vtext.com.” It then tells me it is going to keep trying for 48 hours, and each time it tries I get another message saying the same thing, and that it will try again. 

In fine text at the bottom of the messages it says:

“ The response was:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net35.167.120.54: 421 vrz-ibgw-6003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHutlEEkaAttk - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.176 ] [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net34.199.121.51: 421 vrz-ibgw-5003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHutlAZLCsiZs - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.177 ] [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net35.165.168.89: 421 vrz-ibgw-6002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvHlxKwQzLLo - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.176 ] [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net34.200.143.151: 421 vrz-ibgw-5002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvRlSHj4gL3j - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.178 ] [smtpin02.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net35.165.168.89: 421 vrz-ibgw-6003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvelEI4nAttk - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.182 ] [smtpin02.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net35.167.120.54: 421 vrz-ibgw-6002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvelxNQ3zLLo - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.172 ] [smtpin01.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net34.200.143.151: 421 vrz-ibgw-5003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHvulAeIFsiZs - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.171 ] [smtpin01.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net34.199.121.51: 421 vrz-ibgw-5002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - tHwGlSLqigL3j - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.181 ]”

We need a solution for this ASAP!!!!