What happened to the old guy here with the crumpled hat that gave lots of advice for Tech Tips?

3 hours ago, RV_ said:

Dutch maybe you and others using the free library systems and other ebook programs can write a review and tell us why you use them. and links to tutorials. I just use the Kindle App for kindles. Too many books to read there. And sometimes I can only get through two or three books a month. I am on book ten of this series, and loving it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CFBQNJ?ref_=dbs_p_mng_rwt_ser_shvlr&storeType=ebooks

When I say my wife and I are prolific readers, I mean we may read as many as 5-6 books a week each. Kindle Unlimited isn't really a "free library system" since there is a monthly subscription charge of course. But we do use a few actually free ebook libraries though, including the local library near our Adirondack cottage and the NY City public library that's available to all NY residents. Each one has it's own tutorial which I've not had any need to use, so I can't comment on them. Here's a good source of free ebook sources, starting with Amazon itself even without a Kindle Unlimited subscription:

https://www.lifewire.com/places-to-get-free-kindle-books-1357954

Using Kindle Unlimited is really as simple as looking at the listings for the books of interest, and seeing a "Read for Free" selection button above the "Buy..." button. There's is no time limit on borrowed books, but only 10 books can be borrowed at once. Returning books is as simple as clicking on the "Return" button in your Kindle Unlimited online account listings for each book.

My wife and I tried the free Kindle Reader app on our Android phones and tablets for awhile, but eventually found the $7 Moon+ Pro reader (there is a limited free version) was much more versatile for our needs and the multiple ebook formats we use from various sources. The wide variety of settings and adjustments lets us customize the book display exactly to our individual liking on each device. Like the Kindle, our current book choices and reading positions are synchronized across devices. Moon+ Pro can use any of several cloud sources for synchronizing such as Dropbox, or in our case, the free Nextcloud cloud service I installed on our web server.

I love them. Think Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt does Archaeology. They are both unarmed with adventures that are just over the top but who cares?

The Templar series uses actual carvings and historical documents that say the same as the theories.

https://www.kktv.com/2021/07/23/health-department-warns-about-plague-colorado-including-el-paso-county/