Thor Credit Corporation?? and request for Certified Copy of TItle

Our RV is registered in TX, we financed our it through Thor Credit Corporation in 2003 and paid it off in 2012. 

In our last move our Title was lost I called the Polk County Tax assessor and they do not keep any title records and refereed me to the Wichita Falls TX Regional DMV Service Center 1601 Southwest Pkwy a, Wichita Falls, TX 76302 to obtain a certified copy of our title.  The service center said they don't update their files when a lien is paid and that the only receipt is the return of our title with a paid stamp.

It appears that Thor Credit Corporation sold our note to Santander Consumer USA and our Experian Credit Report shows the RV loan paid, closed, never late.

I went to Santander's website and found a "Title Department" phone number and was referred to https://www.getmycartitle.com/santander to request a certified copy of my title online.  When doing so it said they can't find the VIN#. I called the customer service number the website referred me to and left a message for them to call me back. We have been paying the registration every April since 2003???

It is our fault we lost the title we have a buyer for the RV any suggestions?

Thank you.

I would apply for the duplicate from the state and also follow up with the lender for a copy of the loan release. It may be that they do not keep a copy of your title but only of the loan release.

You can apply for a duplicate Texas Title by mailing the below documents to a Texas DMV Regional Service Center

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

10 minutes ago, Velos said:

they won't issue a certified copy even with the lien holder on it?

The copy will have the lien on it and that is the reason that you also need a copy of the loan release from the lender. I suspect that you will have to go through the lien removal process to get a clear title issued. Had you done that back when you received it from the lender at the time your loan was paid off you would be able to get a clear title copy now. I am sure that when you received the title from the lender it came with a release of lien attached, which is pretty standard practice for lenders. The lenders don't do the action of removing the recorded lien but rather supply you with what is needed to do so. 

Edited by Kirk W

27 minutes ago, Velos said:

I would be happy with a copy of the title that included the lien holder but they they won't issue a copy period:(

OK, I just did more digging and found this:

Get a Copy of Your Vehicle Title

If a title is lost or destroyed, you may obtain a certified copy of title by following the steps below. If a lien is recorded, the lienholder should complete an application for certified copy of title, or provide you with an original release of lien. There is a 30-day waiting period to apply for a certified copy of title after the last one was issued.

Note: A lien that has been paid off may still be recorded on the title. If that is the case, an original release of lien from the lienholder is required. A fax or photocopy is not acceptable.

So it would seem that you need the loan release first. 

Edited by Kirk W

I am guessing they are understaffed and stressed as we come out of the pandemic. It is curious when I applied for a copy that they didn't just send a copy.  What was on it would be my responsibility to follow up on. 

Also because of the age of the RV the records may not be computerized?

• 3 weeks later...

Update and Success:  Thank you for all your suggestions.

Found the title, it had fallen between some other papers.  All documentation by the TX DMV was on the original title and the RV now has a very happy new owner.

Safe travels all.

2 hours ago, Velos said:

Update and Success:  Thank you for all your suggestions.

Found the title, it had fallen between some other papers.  All documentation by the TX DMV was on the original title and the RV now has a very happy new owner.

Safe travels all.

Thank you for coming back to tell us how it all turned out.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van