How to FAX from my computer?

I have rarely needed to FAX and the few times I did I just went to the UPS store.  I need to send a FAX today and thought I would look into FAXing from my computer. 

Do you FAX from your laptop? 

If yes how do you do it? 

Do you use an APP?

Is their a fee?

Is it secure?

Thank you

On the occasion that I need to fax a document, I can use anyone of several free fax services on the internet.  First I try to scan the document using my printer and filing it in a PDF format.  Then I will see if I can email a PDF document to the person.

Just Google "Free fax service".  Yo will still need a way to scan the document first.  Or you can can go to an office supply or a UPS store and let them sent it for a per page charge.  Sometimes the campground will have a fax machine available fro a fee.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Update:  I checked out Genius FAX and saw positive reviews. 

Genius FAX lets you FAX PDF or JPEG files.  The documents were already on my computer so I converted them to PDF and was able to FAX from my computer and received a FAX received confirmation shortly thereafter.

I closed our current house in CO from Louisiana by computer, all legal and EZPZ. Some banks may still hold out but that is indeed dinosaur days. For legal the title companies and realtors have their own secure "Middleman" programs online.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Yes we used these online middleman services when we sold a house some years ago long distance that included acceptance of electronic signatures.  Also a combination of many emails, telephone calls and a few faxes were involved along with regular overnight express mail.  Emails included attachments of document files and photos.  Lot of involvement activities for a while.  For the very few times I need to fax something I go to UPS or Fed Ex store.  Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1734358503532994&type=3

TM1spd0m.jpg

Edited by NamMedevac 70

23 hours ago, Velos said:

I have rarely needed to FAX and the few times I did I just went to the UPS store.  I need to send a FAX today and thought I would look into FAXing from my computer. 

Do you FAX from your laptop? 

If yes how do you do it? 

Do you use an APP?

Is their a fee?

Is it secure?

Thank you

I maintain a $10/mo account with MyFax; I've been using them for >10 years.  I find I use it a couple of times a month usually for things like health insurance forms.  I like having a fixed number that people can use to send faxes to me even though that might only be used a couple of times a year.  More and more places will accept scanned and emailed documents but not all do.  Furthermore, I like having the "receipt" that a fax was sent and received.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels