A new way to make Keys

ms60ocb

A year or so ago I ruined a key. I wasn't in a hurry for replacement due to the Covid-19,  I searched via phone and internet for someone within 75 miles with the blank with no luck. Today I when into Menards and found a self service kiosks that can make all type of key. Stuck my key in the slot and followed directions. My specialty keys will sent to me in 3-5 days. The Kiosks has  "Key Me " at the top.

https://www.key.me/

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I knew it was to good to be true. I received this message this morning.  So now I back looking anywhere now for a TM700 Blank.

From KeyME Support:

During the quality assurance review of your KeyMe order, it was discovered that your key cannot be copied at this time. Your key type looks very similar to one that we do support, and unfortunately the kiosk didn't make that distinction when scanning your key.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion - we have, of course, fully refunded your transaction

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Depending on where you're at most independent "Ace Hardware Stores" still cut keys the old fashion way with a key cutting machine. Had some cut in an Ace a year ago in Iowa.

Dave

2004 Volvo 630 left tandem with 12 speed Freedomline

2014 Sandpiper 35 ROK 42' fifth wheel

Western Golf & Country Cart (EZ-GO frame)

We have had to have extra Trimark keys made in the couple of years. Tried Ace, Lowes, and a couple of other places and no go. Went to a local lock shop and locksmith, he took a quick look at what I brought him, "be back in a minute or two", he had them cut and ready. 

This afternoon I was at Menards, and stopped by their Key Me kiosk.  I plugged in my Trimark cargo bay key, and it was unable to make a copy, or even have one mailed to me.  The helpful sales associate suggested a nearby locksmith.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

• 4 months later...

A neighbor just paid $125 for a mobile locksmith to come to his site and fit a key for his storage bins. I didn't make his day when I pulled out a CH751 key and opened one of his bins...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 6/16/2021 at 10:40 AM, oldcodger said:

Depending on where you're at most independent "Ace Hardware Stores" still cut keys the old fashion way with a key cutting machine. Had some cut in an Ace a year ago in Iowa.

Dave

Yep, I've had many keys duplicated at an Ace hardware store. Once they even duplicated a controlled key for me that had "do not duplicate" stamped on it; and the blanks were supposed to be controlled access.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 months later...

I think they do not make chipped keys too. I had lost my key once. It was nowhere to be found. And since it was the only one I had, considering I had lost the previous one too, I had to find another and code it. I have ordered one from Amazon. I found them quickly since I live nearby. But they told me they don't provide such operations. So I looked elsewhere. My friend recommended trying some company close to me, and I quote, "Go to that Locksmith near to you. I made one there". And so I went. They did a great job in a short time. I was delighted.