Help Please! New Battery Bank Install Now Lights, Pump, Water Heat, Fans Not Working Inside MH

53 minutes ago, FULLTIMEWANABE said:

Just learned from Ed Grey that a differential looks like a Banjo or Pumpkin and I just gotta pull the plug and check fluid not milky/yellow, and if is will get it professionally drained, if not we'll top up.  LOL.

rear-suspension-differential-car-suspens

They don't all look exactly like this but similar and you can easily see the plug to the right side of the cover. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Congratulations on finding your issue and resolving it and thank you for the kind words.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to you all for your input and the resolution.   Happy to say we managed our first 3 night visit to Pine Coulee Reservoir for fishing and kayaking last week (Mon to Thu) and it was heaven.    Missed being out so much in the old gal and slept like a dream.    Now planning for many trips around Alberta the rest of this year, just trying to steer clear of the July and August mayhem that no doubt will ensue as schools out tomorrow!!!

Thanks to ya all and happy travels and a safe and enjoyable summer wherever you may roam.

Edited by FULLTIMEWANABE

Wannabe, just a quick mention of the Rally we are contemplating hosting next spring. The Rotary Campground in Grande Prairie, Alberta is looking to host a Rally aimed at full-timers and the curious. We usually post in the HDT forum, but all are welcome.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

On 6/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, FULLTIMEWANABE said:

Thanks Ray and Clay for responding.  Will reset the inverter as you suggested - everything was dead as a dodo when we discovered the mess on Spring start up (hubby had checked them and added water etc throughout winter every couple months prior, so we weren't able to do Magnums advice on remove positive first as we would have done in normal circumstances.   When I work out how to post  photos you'll see what was involved.  Thanks Jay on how to which I'll try get sorted later.   

Clay sorry didn't mean to lose you just trying give info on the RV in question age and type in case someone else with same rig could point us where to look on something.   The whole solar system and battery bank was installed in 2014 and apart from a boiling issue at front end and continual clean ups lasted until recently.  This past month we removed all batteries and cleaned up majorly (gotta love baking soda!) including scrubbing all connections 3 times over etc.    All we've done is replace the 8 GC2 batteries (hopefully we've reconnected correctly in series and parallel - did a drawing and took lots of photos of what was visible under the acid mess prior to hopefully help us.   I just mentioned the big black cable (there's a red POS one too) leading out from the back of the Magnum inverter we didn't have info on where that was connected prior so connected that to the first negative battery in the 8 bank, as well another much thinner cable coming from the midnight area.   Just mentioned in case we'd screwed up there somehow.

In a nutshell, whether on Shore Power, Generator or just batteries only things working are Microwave clock, plugs with hair dryer tested OK, TV, and Residential Fridge = all come on (haven't checked AC's yet!).   Just the lights, ceiling fans, water pump, water heater, hood fan (I think you call this 12V system???) aren't.   Bear with me I'm not electrically minded so doing my best.

When we bought this 2003 RV new there were 2 batteries under the steps and a small box type converter tightly hard to access under the fridge (still there but not sure how it affects things today???).   Irrespective we thought we'd just check the fuses in case last night but they seem good.

I do have a multimeter that I am new too LOL!   Checked batteries voltage as singles and then each set in series as we went.   Also learnt to use it to double check fuses last night = all read zeros so = good. 

We are wondering if there is a breaker reset button or something that might be hidden somewhere we haven't found????    I'm wondering if we need to take the main panel off in the bedroom and delve into the tight fit behind and see if we can find anything in there that needs resetting.   I recall years ago when we had problems with our AC's and no RV dealership could work it out, someone told me behind that main breaker panel in the bedroom there's a small switch we needed to move and we did that and the A/C's worked.   There's no way on earth we'd have found it without someone guiding us back then and in Miami heat at the time we were eternally grateful to them.    We are hoping someone might be able to guide us and we will do whatever we can as advised to resolve this, so THANK YOU one and all.

Helen.

PS:   Over the past 18 years, we shake our heads at how inaccessible and all over the place so much of this electrical stuff is ie; original converter under the fridge can't access properly bolted to floor, that other area behind the panel in the bedroom so tight and have to hold panel whilst trying to do.   Fuse locations here there and everywhere. 

As I  read your post that in RED jumps out at me. A red cable normally means it is 12V positive.

re: adding pictures to a post. Go to http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2 

and follow directions exactly.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961