Dish Hopper 3 and Trav'ler - Hopper not seeing 3 WA satellites, only 110 and 119

Looking for DISH experts.....
My system is currently wired as shown in the graphic below and the TV's work as expected - almost.

I have a Hopper 3 at my house that is aimed at the 2 eastern arc satellites 61 & 72 with a hybrid LNB.
One wired and one wireless Joey for 3 TV's

I have a pre 2018 Trav'ler for DirecTV.
I replaced the LNB arm with the western arc LNB and reflector conversion parts.
The pre 2018 units supposedly do not work with the DISH change out parts.
The work around is to add a DHP42 switch and Hybrid hub.

After doing the electronics update in the Trav'ler control box the antenna will search and lock on to the 3 western arc satellites in about 5 minutes.
All three satellites display on the control box with an asterisk.

The Hopper 3 is supposed to be compatible with either the western or eastern arc satellites.

When I put the Hopper in the RV and do a test installation the system will go through the checks and then show that it has "verified" the DHP42 and displays satellites 110 and 119. There are only 2 columns and 129 does not show up anywhere.

The TV's on the Hopper and the wired Joey work fine but with the lack of HD channels and whatever else is carried on 129.

As a result it appears that the the Hopper is not using 129 which is mostly the high def channels.

So my main question is - how do I force the Hopper to see, display and use all the satellites on the western arc?

Note: when bringing the Hopper back in the house and running a new test installation I am back to the eastern arc satellites and all work fine.

Note 2:
I have been trying throughout a recent trip with no difference in results.
From Delaware to southern GA near the FL line, western GA, Stone Mountain GA, Sevierville, TN, Kitty Hawk NC and back to DE. Those locations should cover all the necessary line of site issues.

dph42_winegard-travler_one_hopper3_one-o

Thanks,

Duane

‘Nuclear option’ terminology seems a bit much name wise. 

But, I pretty much do that all the time.

Always the same results. Only 2 SAT’s 

And it’s not a display of 3 columns showing green checks in two columns and red X’s in one, it is only two columns displayed. 

Thanks,

Duane

The problem is your Trav'ler is being used in Eastern states with a Western States configured LMB stack and reflector.  The geometry between the 3 satellites is different in both halves of the country.  With the Western configured LNB stack the Trav'ler can orient to the straight line between the 110 and 119 satellites, but then the 129 LNB in the wrong position to see that satellite.  Come out west and it should work.

As to why it's showing 129 on the Trav'ler but the reciever doesn't connect to it, it's probably seeing another video satellite.  One with the proper modulation for the simple electronics in the Trav'ler to recognize as a video source but not the one that delivers the correct subscriber information to the receiver.  I had the same problem installing NPR radio satellite dishes - there are a couple of other satellites adjacent to the NPR bird that the LNB could lock onto but the receiver wouldn't recognize.

Edited by Lou Schneider

1 hour ago, Lou Schneider said:

The problem is your Trav'ler is being used in Eastern states with a Western States configured LMB stack and reflector.  The geometry between the 3 satellites is different in both halves of the country.  With the Western configured LNB stack the Trav'ler can orient to the straight line between the 110 and 119 satellites, but then the 129 LNB in the wrong position to see that satellite.  Come out west and it should work.

As to why it's showing 129 on the Trav'ler but the reciever doesn't connect to it, it's probably seeing another video satellite.  One with the proper modulation for the simple electronics in the Trav'ler to recognize as a video source but not the one that delivers the correct subscriber information to the receiver.  I had the same problem installing NPR radio satellite dishes - there are a couple of other satellites adjacent to the NPR bird that the LNB could lock onto but the receiver wouldn't recognize.

Don't quite understand that. 

'If' the antenna locks onto 119 would the correct skew not automatically lock 110 and 129?

Thanks,

Duane

3 hours ago, porthole said:

Don't quite understand that. 

'If' the antenna locks onto 119 would the correct skew not automatically lock 110 and 129?

No, the relative positions of the 3 change as you move from the east and west parts of the country.  It's a subtle change but enough to throw off the aim towards the more distant satellite.  After the dish finds 119 it can then skew to lock onto 110 or 129 but not both at the same time.

8 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

The Trav'ler adjusts the skew to the current location and should receive all three western arc sats as long as the LOS is clear. The western arc is receivable nearly everywhere on the east coast as long as there's LOS. There is a part of northern Maine where the elevation is nearly always too low for 129 and the footprint is also marginal, but everywhere else is ok.

Edited by Dutch_12078
Clarity

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system