Jump to content

please delete


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Does your Bounder have leveling by HWH? If so it probably also powers the slides, which has been quite common. If so, start by checking the fuse for the hydraulic pump. 

Sorry, I don't know what the HWH system is. or stands for. How do I tell?

I would assume it is because the motor for the hydraulic levelers also isn't firing up. Fuse is what I am thinking also, but, the fuse for the levelers is intact. At least the one in the control box is. Also, the extra annoying safety beeper chimes merrily, when I try to run the slide,but that's it...

 

As an aside, if things were working like they are supposed to, how would one fix the above situation where the RV has sunken due to rain, or whatever? Should I try to relevel with the slide out or should I try to run the slide in with it out of level?

Edited by BobandBarb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BobandBarb said:

I don't know what the HWH system is. or stands for. How do I tell?

If you look on the pump or other parts of the system it should have a data plate that tells you who made it.  HWH Corporation If you visit their website you can get a copy of the owner's manual, but you will probably need the model information from the data plate. If the brand isn't HWH, look for information on what it is. If we knew more about the system there is probably someone on the forums who has experience with it. 

1 hour ago, BobandBarb said:

the extra annoying safety beeper chimes merrily, when I try to run the slide,but that's it...

Whatever is causing the alarm is probably also the reason that your slide does not work.  If it alarms with the jacks that would also be the case. You really need the operator's manual for your system.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My truck was doing the same thing if starboard is the left. My front tire had sunk into the ground and the rears on the same side were in a bit of a hole to start with and as soon as I tried to pull out it dug in deeper, but wouldn't move forward. I should have known better, but the ground seemed so Rocky everywhere else. 

The jacks on my trailer will sometimes sink in the first few days on a site and I have cut some long boards to put under them to spread out the weight. Most of the time that keeps things level, but have had to adjust even a few weeks after parking at some locations. 

Good luck with getting level. 

 

Rod

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, lappir said:

My truck was doing the same thing if starboard is the left.

Starboard is the right side of the vehicle or more specifically the passenger side. Port is the left or driver's side.   ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BobandBarb said:

I had my 97 bounder all set up perfect. 3" of rain later and not so much.

I have developed a list. It is leaning hard to the driver side. I have tried running the landing gear out more, they won't come on. Can't get the slide back in.

Is there a procedure for this situation?

So far I have done the crap the pants, have an anxiety attack part, that didn't work, so...

List to starboard does not equal leaning to the driver's side.  That is the port side of the vehicle. So which is it?  

Is this a diesel or gas coach.   If diesel, have you started the engine and let the air bags fill to help pull the jacks up.   And do you have an interlock for the jacks and slide?  Our slide will not go out until the jacks are down.  Slides come in before jacks are raised.   Are you plugged into power?    

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BobandBarb changed the title to Listing hard
19 hours ago, Kirk W said:

You really need the operator's manual for your system.

 

I can't help but be frustrated by this comment. I have the manual. I HAVE read it. SEVERAL times.

It is 137 pages and comes in its' own briefcase. There are at least 20 different manuals for various components. Perhaps if you asked more specific questions,that might be much more helpful?

I think you are referring to a manufacturer. It is an E-Z-Glide system.

8 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

List to starboard does not equal leaning to the driver's side.  That is the port side of the vehicle. So which is it?  

Is this a diesel or gas coach.   If diesel, have you started the engine and let the air bags fill to help pull the jacks up.   And do you have an interlock for the jacks and slide?  Our slide will not go out until the jacks are down.  Slides come in before jacks are raised.   Are you plugged into power?    

 

Clearly I am not the nautical type. Perhaps my attempt at levity to make myself feel better about the situation was inappropriate or somehow offensive? It is leaning to the drivers side.

No idea if it has an interlock, I had a similar thought. I am wondering if manually drawing the slide in (As described in the manual!!) will help? Levelers won't go in or out. Tried resetting the parking brake as I know it does have an interlock there.

Wondering if it doesn't have a mercury type switch to lock everything down if it does get out of level. I tried releveling it the best I could with my jack and some jack stands. While not perfect, it  is more level

Gas not diesel, no air bags to air up. Not plugged into shore power, but I do have the engine running when I run the slide in or out.

choose files...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick update:

The thought came to mind that maybe having it off of the levelers wasn't a great idea in case there is a pressure sensor or something to "tell" the rv that its' feet are down.

After blocking up the drivers side front corner, I realized that at least that corner is collapsing. I will be drawing the slide in manually in the hopes I can get feet up.

Where do I go with this from here?

Thanks in Advance, all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Post a picture of your control board. Or is this unit located on the floor beside the seat.

 

  Some electric jack systems can be over extended and they will not come up with the controller.

 

  We really need to see a picture of the controls. Then we can be much better at helping you.  

 

 Vern in a T-shirt 

Edited by Wrknrvr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BobandBarb said:

It is 137 pages and comes in its' own briefcase. There are at least 20 different manuals for various components. Perhaps if you asked more specific questions,that might be much more helpful?

Is there a manual for the leveling system in that collection? If so I would think that it would also state what company made the leveling system? There many different leveling systems and they operate in very different ways. It would help us to help you if we knew more about what equipment you have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

Post a picture of your control board. Or is this unit located on the floor beside the seat.

 

  Some electric jack systems can be over extended and they will not come up with the controller.

 

  We really need to see a picture of the controls. Then we can be much better at helping you.  

 

 Vern in a T-shirt 

I will post a link to pics at the end.

Now that I understand the question better, it is a power gear system that controls the landing gear.

I took pictures of the pump and motor, there is no markings on it.

I read that I need to attach a ratchet strap to each eyebolt and anchor off of the frame to draw the slide back in after removing the hydraulic rams from their attachment point on the slide and fold them out of the way first.

I have included pictures of the collapsing landing gear.

Last is a separate question. Underneath my slide there are 4 electrical boxes, like you would put a wall socket or light switch in. There are two on the coach and two on the slide, side by side, with a big fat spiral wound wire coming between them. They don't appear to attach to anything inside or outside of the coach and slider. What are these for?

 

I am unable to get imgur to cooperate to upload pictures

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With a picture of your control panel we could figure out what system you have.

 It possibly sounds like you do not have 12 vdc power to the pump.      But a picture of the control panel and a 12 vdc meter could tell everyone what is happening.

 

  Just saying,   Vern in a T-shirt 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

With a picture of your control panel we could figure out what system you have.

 It possibly sounds like you do not have 12 vdc power to the pump.      But a picture of the control panel and a 12 vdc meter could tell everyone what is happening.

 

  Just saying,   Vern in a T-shirt 

As posted above, I am having a hard time posting pictures.

Try this link please:

https://imgur.com/gallery/BsLgNSl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Do your jacks have springs on them.

 

 If they do you should be able to back off the valve to relieve to pressure. But do not turn the nut out two far.

 

  With the picture of the control you can match the appropriate manual for your rv.  If nothing else LCI should talk you through it tomorrow morning. Do not remove the hydraulic lines from the jacks. You will have a mess and loose fluid.

  Read the manual. Find how to release pressure from the jacks on the pump assembly. The valves can be released manually.

 

 Just trying to help.

 

  I have had oil on my T shirt from loosening a hydraulic line.

 

  Vern in a T-shirt 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

   Do your jacks have springs on them.

 

 If they do you should be able to back off the valve to relieve to pressure. But do not turn the nut out two far.

 

  With the picture of the control you can match the appropriate manual for your rv.  If nothing else LCI should talk you through it tomorrow morning. Do not remove the hydraulic lines from the jacks. You will have a mess and loose fluid.

  Read the manual. Find how to release pressure from the jacks on the pump assembly. The valves can be released manually.

 

 Just trying to help.

 

  I have had oil on my T shirt from loosening a hydraulic line.

 

  Vern in a T-shirt 

Yes, they have springs on them.

FOR THE LAST TIME I HAVE READ THE MANUALS!!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD QUIT TELLING ME TO READ THE MANUALS I HAVE!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BobandBarb changed the title to please delete

I have been looking through everything by way of documentation available on the Lippert website(current owner of Power Gear) and I hope these will help, as thus far I have found nothing that goes back as far as 1997. 

5 Steps to Troubleshooting RV Hydraulic Leveling Jacks

Power Gear Leveling Systems Service manual

These were the only documents that I found which seemed to be useful, but if you should want to look through what is available, just go to Lippert/Power Gear and look around. I have worked on several different leveling systems, but Power Gear is not one of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...