Warranties

Av8r3400

Background:  We have road side policies through Coachnet for the HDT and RV.

The number we were quoted by the RV dealer for extended warranty was crazy high, so we opted out.

Has anyone ever done an RV extended warranty through Coachnet or Good Sam?   What are your experiences with this?  Another company?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

An extended warranty is a service contract and should be looked at like insurance. Many advise to just put the premium amount in a savings account and make additional monthly deposits. Problem is that most people are not disciplined enough to make monthly deposits. Also, this may be fine for a trailer or fifth wheel but anything with a motor and transmission like a Class A, B or C that has a major mechanical breakdown will wipe out your savings in a hurry. When purchasing a extended warranty make sure it is an exclusionary policy, it includes everything unless listed as excluded.  Inclusionary policies only cover what is listed as covered. 

As far as Goodsam and Coach Net I have no first hand knowledge. There are a lot of negative reviews regarding anything involving GS and a lot of good reviews regarding CN. There are also many good reviews regarding Wholesale Warranty. Do a lot of research before making your final decision. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

It's a gamble.  The underwriter knows the odds, and we are guessing what they might be.  What we do know is, the underwriter always makes sure the premiums are high enough so they win in the long run, spreading the risk over many units.

So, I never opt for more warranty/insurance.  I never even carried collision until I got old, then it becomes stupid cheap.

When I bought my last pick-up, my salesman/SIL had a bet with the finance guy over whether he could sell me an extended warranty.  SIL won, no warranty.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Howdy All,

Extended warranties are usually a rip off, that said because of the problems I have had over the years with the main slide on my trailer it did pay off when we bought the extended warranty.  It also covered getting the leveling system repaired, that in itself was over a 3,000 dollar repair, sadly this warranty will expire on August 24th of this year so with luck the stuff it covered is good to go the distance. 

Another one that has proved to be a wise choice is the one on my SxS, it has no deductible and covers "NORMAL WEAR ITEMS" so far that warranty has paid for itself two times over and still has three years to go.

Like a lot of things its a crap shoot, sometimes you win more often you lose but its a nice thing to have when something goes wrong and the cost to repair is high as most stuff is nowadays.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

23 hours ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

We bought Compass RV Protection. 5 years, no deductible, includes wheels and tires for 3 grand. Might check them out. 

Tried researching them without much luck, who did you get the warranty through?

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg

I got a policy quote from CoachNet, not a bad number but it was an "inclusionary" policy, so I think not (thanks TwoToes).

I generally believe in self insuring this type of thing, but thought I would investigate a little.  I have time to research, yet.  The coach has a 1-year factory warranty to start with anyway...

Av8r3400

TEq81qV.jpg