My RV and Me!

RVRog

Hi everyone. This is my very first post here. I’m new to Escapees (I did join) and new to RVing. I just came back from my initial first trip in my trailer and had a blast just figuring things out (and messing things up) along the way. 
I just thought I’d say hi on here as my friends and family think I’m nuts! 😜

Welcome to the Escapees and the forum! You'll find lot's of friendly and helpful people here. And don't worry about the friends and family that think you're nuts. Many of us have been there or are still there. My wife and I have owed and used RV's since the 60's, including fulltiming for the past ~10 years. Our two daughters understand though, and both have their own RV's now... ;)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Life is one huge learning curve and making mistakes is a part of learning.  Enjoy the lifestyle and our wonderful country!

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

You’ve found a good group to talk to. We understand the ups and downs of RVing, whatever amount of time you devote to it.  Ask questions, someone probably has an answer.

All my friends fell into 2 categories - those that were envious that I really bought an RV, and those who thought I was nuts. I now find I spend more time with my camping friends than I do with my other friends, they can relate to whatever is my latest bonehead maneuver.

9 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

All my friends fell into 2 categories - those that were envious that I really bought an RV, and those who thought I was nuts.

Welcome aboard.

My experience was similar to fpmtngal's with one exception.  While some thought we were crazy to sell everything and go RVing, they all knew I was still nuts.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

LoL! I'm actually o.k. with being considered a bit nuts. Some of my favorite people fit that description! 

By the way, can someone tell me how to get a banner image up on my profile? I'd obviously figured out the profile pic part, but how to do the banner image eludes me.

Thanks again!

Long ago I realized that being unique doesn’t mean you are bad. My life has been greatly enriched by the truly unique individuals I have had the opportunity to spend time with. 

When you ask about banners do you mean the signature?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Using you as an example, you have a profile pic, I.e. picture of you guys. Then you have a larger image showing a truck and trailer. On most sites that larger image and its placement is referred to as a banner image. It’s that image I’m trying to figure out how to upload. 

thanks again!

2 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

I'm just as unique as any other individual on this planet.

Uniquer?

4 minutes ago, RVRog said:

referred to as a banner image.

OK, on your profile page. If you open your profile, look in the upper right corner for a tab labeled "cover photo." If you click on it there is a "choose photo" which then opens. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Interesting. I have an Edit Profile image and clickable link, but the Cover Photo image and link you show in the picture on your post. I don't have that at all. I'm guessing something about my profile doesn't allow that, possibly my status, I don't know, but I think this is a dead end. 

I do appreciate you trying to help!

Roger

One last comment on this. After looking a bit deeper into this, I believe this is a case of the person who owns or runs the forum has set permissions so that groups like moderators can post the “cover photos” and who knows what else, where as the Joe Sixpacks of the world like me, not so much. 

I apologize for wasting your time on this. I should have thought of that earlier. 

Roger 

You can insert a photo that will be displayed in every message you post.  Is this what you're looking for?  Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen, select Profile.  Then, again in tne upper right corner of the Profile page, select Edit Profile.  Scroll down to the bottom of the pop-up to About Me and you'll see a standard message editor with the ability to attach a photo.

Please keep the photo fairly small.  Not all screen sizes are the same, and if you're reading on a smaller resolution screen it's annoying to have to scroll past the same photo taking up half the screen or more in message after message.  Especially if you're on a cell phone or tablet with a small screen (the photo will look larger there) and you're being charged by the byte.

Edited by Lou Schneider

22 hours ago, bigjim said:

isn't that photo called an Avatar?

The avatar is the photo you see in each person's post to the left inside a circle.  I believe what RVRog is looking for is the signature line.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul