Mesa Verde in May...

hemsteadc

is apparently too soon. 

The weather went from " I need a/c" to "brr" overnight.  Storm rolled in yesterday and I got absolutely soaked.  Rained virtually all day.  Also cold and windy. And, of course, being that the campground was about 10% full, somebody had to pull in and park right next to me.

One other note about Morefield campground: they have wifi, but it's very unreliable and spotty. Probably wouldn't bother me but there's zero phone signal in there.  

Edited by hemsteadc

We were in Cortez a week ago. You are experiencing late spring in the mountains nothing surprising. Do you have a cell phone booster with an external antenna? Ours is on an extensible pole but we have not had to run the pole up yet. The antenna is about 11 ft up in the lowered position. Have had a cell phone signal everywhere we stoppeed so far, including rather surprising spots.

10 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

being that the campground was about 10% full, somebody had to pull in and park right next to me.

That's what you get for saving spaces.😀  I expect to see you soon at the furthest parking spot at the mall where I like to park to prevent getting door dings.

21 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Do you have a cell phone booster with an external antenna?

I do, but there's not enough cable to put the dinky antenna much higher than the roof rails, and if I add more cable the signal attenuation subtracts from any benefit of height. I get an occasional 1 bar of 4g there, just enough to allow a text message now and then, and the occasional junk phone call to go directly to messaging.

Their wifi works well, when it's actually working. but it goes down all the time, some of the repeaters quit and they don't have someone there who gives enough of a darn to reboot them.

Edited by hemsteadc

I bought 15 ft of extension cable from amazon, there are several different types so compare the photos with yours and buy the same type, or buy it from the manufacturer of your system.

I don't think attenuation counterbalances increased height, it didn't on my system.