Gas Buddy Discount Card

27 minutes ago, SWharton said:

Is anyone using the Gas Buddy card that gives a significant rebate for gas. Would like to know what you think of it. Thanks

2X. I use the Gas Buddy app.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

We occasionally use the Gas Buddy card but wouldn’t call the 3-5 cents discount substantial. If you use diesel the TSD Open Road card/app is a much better discount. If not, Gas Buddy is better than nothing for gasoline.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

I have been using the TSD card and online fuel price search, to include gas buddy, to get the best price. 

My favorite part about the TSD card is I can used it at the pumps and get a full fill without it kicking off at a preset $ limit.  

One thing about the TSD card is that while the savings from the advertised price is large, it is often not cheapest in the area.  I know of 3 stations in our primary travel area that routinely beat the TSD best price by ~$0.25/gallon.  Yes these are still truck lanes which is all I use now having saddle tanks on the HDT.  Last time I fueled, just over a month ago the best TSD in my area was $2.86/gal, I paid $2.61/gal at the local station.  I did use my TSD card which charged me a total of $1.65 for the use of the card.  Some of these cheaper places I have found using gas buddy or similar websites. 

One the flip side, a couple of months ago we went to AZ.  I did not have the time, effort or "want to" to find best price so I just went with best price TSD showed.  

2014 Volvo 630. 2016 Fuzion 325T, RZR 900 Trail 
675ah AGM, MSH 3012 inverter, 960w Solar.  (2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, backup)

I guess I need to pay more attention but I don't think I have ever seen them advertise 25-40 cent off. I have gotten 10 cents off in one of their deals that you have a limited time to use.  

I use the Gas Buddy card for the car since the 4 or 5 cents a gallon off does add up over time. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

2 hours ago, SWharton said:

Go to Gasbuddy,com, front page.

You already shop at these brands, so why not earn free gas when you do? GasBack is free money for gas earned from everyday purchases. Earning GasBack is easy and it's automatically applied at the pump at gas stations nationwide.

It sounds like you use their system with purchases of other products at the listed stores in order to get those discounts. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

14 hours ago, SWharton said:

I get 5%(around 15 cents) now with my Sams Club card.

Swharton, is that 5% cash back at non-Sam's pumps or a discount on fuel at Sam's?  Is the 5% credited to your credit card bill or given in store credit at Sam's?

If it is 5% cash back from any pump I will start using that card.  If it is just on Sam's fuel or in-store credit there are too few Sam's clubs to rely upon it when traveling.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

51 minutes ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

Swharton, is that 5% cash back at non-Sam's pumps or a discount on fuel at Sam's?  Is the 5% credited to your credit card bill or given in store credit at Sam's?

If it is 5% cash back from any pump I will start using that card.  If it is just on Sam's fuel or in-store credit there are too few Sam's clubs to rely upon it when traveling.

Wayne & Jinx

It's all gas stations, according to their site, up to $6000. Jay

https://help.samsclub.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1557/~/cash-back---sams-club-mastercard

Edited by Jaydrvr

For my fleet of 5 gas vehicles, we use Amex gold card, which is set for 3x points on all gas purchased and 2x  on everything else. Points are transferable into many different programs. Have earned over 2 million points since I started back in early 1990’s…  have taken multiple free trips all over the world.

TSD is a Diesel option that we use when traveling the Interstates for the convenience  factor, mostly they are TA truck stops that are easy on/off, have restaurants, stores, showers, etc. that make travel days less stressful and with an opportunity to have substantial discounts .

When in a local area and un hitched, can use other options to find fuel at stations could not otherwise fit into. And with a 65 gallon tank on the F450 my options have options too!

7 hours ago, SWharton said:

The 5% is cash back, it accumulates and in February you can go to a Sam's and get cash or apply to our Sams CC online. I like the lump sum.

Thanks.  We will try it. 

Wayne & Jinx

Jinx and Wayne