Bed Build Planning

rickeieio

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Vern.   Having done it once, I would omit a lot of things, and add a few.  I caused myself a lot of grief by being overly frugal, or "fiscally sensitive".

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 1 month later...

No problem Kevin.

I will say, having done the ECR trip and one more since, the number of horn toots and thumbs up we get with the red truck is amazing.  Especially from truckers.   I think having the colors tie it together is an eye catcher, almost as good as having a bit of graphics on the truck to blend with the trailer.

One thing I've noticed on the bed, I have some of the small button head bolts loosening.  I intended the bolted joints to allow some "give", but didn't think the bolts would loosen that much.  I'll likely figure out a way to let the problem pieces "float".  The two trim panels between the tandems are where the issue lies.  Not a stressed piece.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

On 5/15/2021 at 8:20 AM, Av8r3400 said:

Jack moved my hitch back to install the bed on our truck, I believe having it cantilever out of the frame a small amount.

Going to pick her up this week...

That looks awesome. I may have to get with Jack and see about getting mine built. I have to do the clutch and a few other things first though.

Chuck

Congrats Rick!  I think I have some feeling for your trials and tribulations.  I trust you won't remember them but just a little bit.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

1 hour ago, spindrift said:

Congrats Rick!  I think I have some feeling for your trials and tribulations.  I trust you won't remember them but just a little bit.

Maybe next winter I can tell you about it around the campfire.  It's been too long.......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN