Bryce Hwy 12 west boondocking

agesilaus

OK we scouted out the major Bryce Canyon west side boondocking areas. Starting from the west:
1) Losee/Casto canyon rd: The report on FreeCampsites suggest using a gravel pit on the left. We looked in and would not use that, there are heavy equipment parked in there and it seems to be in use. Continue down the road and you will see some areas on the left that are being used.
FR121: There are some sites maybe a half mile down the road but they are busy, after the first couple of sites the road deteriorates but there are folks camping down there. May want to check it out first
FR117/Toms Best Springs RD: Drove in about 3 miles, this is the most popular road right now. Lots of campers but lots of room too.
East Fork of the Sevier: Near the beginning of this road into the NF there is a block of BLM land, I suppose you could camp there if you found a spot. Otherwise the NF has provided marked and numbered Dispersed Camping sites. The first on is way back down the road 6 or 7 miles. We drove down to site 4 and gave up, there are ten in all. Four is excellent, right on the creek but is somewhere around nine miles back, I lost track of the odometer. Good spots but way back. The road is a good gravel road tho.
I saw a lot of campers parked in various turnouts on Hwy 12 they seem to be camped there.

Note Sunrise CG in Bryce is First Come, you may want to check that and the NF Red Canyon CG is open too. FR 117 probably the most promising

Note the land west of Red Canyon is all BLM land but there seems to be limited access.

Edited by agesilaus