Think I might need a new hitch (understatment)

trimster

Robert I think you are on the right track reinforcing the side plates. 

We used to call that "oilpatch engineering" - you build it so until someone winches on it with a bed truck AND two 7's and busts it then you make it heavier... 

cue the safety monitors....

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

10 minutes ago, Pete Kildow said:

Was this one of the 2 hitches they sold as Test models? Thus no warranty on these? Just asking.

Nothing I got from them indicated these were prototypes. "No warranty " yes. Would I get a commission if they were sold referencing me...yes. That led me to believe that they were actively selling them. 

Once I started sending them the list of problems and suggested fixes, they stopped responding. Guess they weren't as interested in this product as they would have you believe. 

I guess I'm one if two. 

Edited by trimster

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

2 minutes ago, trimster said:

Nothing I got from them indicated these were prototypes. "No warranty " yes. Would I get a commission if they were sold referencing me...yes. That led me to believe that they were actively selling them. 

Once I started sending them the list of problems and suggested fixes, they stopped responding. Guess they weren't as interested in this product as they would have you believe. 

I guess I'm one if two. 

I looked at one of those. But found a used Trailer saver only used 3 times close to me. So for $800. I got a almost new hitch with a built in air compressor on it also.

Edited by Pete Kildow

event.png