Google Maps Settings

Are there settings for Google Maps? For a while now, after doing a search, if you select an item from the search a giant bar appears on the bottom of the map and reduces the map by half. How to I get rid of the bar permanently. I want a map. Thanks

I assume you're referring to using Google Maps on your phone? Are you talking about the info panel that pops up about the place you've just selected? If so, there is no setting to stop that from happening, but it is very easy to make it go away - just tap on the map portion and both the top and bottom panels slide out of the way.

If that's not what you're referring to - give us some more detail.

Fulltime RV Travelers since 2003. Now touring the country in 37 ft Gulfstream Endura. With my husband, Jim, we are Geeks on Tour. We present seminars at RV rallies and computer clubs all over the country.

No, on my PC. I get the map, I do a search on the left, let's say for McDonalds, several Mcdonalds appear onthe list, I select one and the bar appears across the bottom of the map with an icon for all the mcdonalds in the list. Block half the map. This is relatively new, within the last few months. Nothing gets rid of it. Thanks

I just tried Google Maps.  I typed in a city which appeared as a map.  I did a 'find' for Home Depot and the full map is still there with the Home Depots marked in red.  I clicked on one of them and yes, I got a whole row of all the Home Depots at the bottom of the map.  To get rid of the row, just click on a spot on the map that isn't marked as a Home Depot and the row disappears but all of the Home Depots are still marked with red on the full size map.

Is that your issue?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel