Anyone have a traffic report on getting through Chattanooga area?

jules2go

After a second report in 6 weeks of the awful traffic due to construction going through Knoxville, I've picked some alternates. Google shows construction around Chattanooga, so just wondering if anyone has any reports from the past 30 days. Thank you in advance. 

Nucamp T@b 320S, Toyota Tacoma

Asheville. NC

Don't postpone joy!

18 minutes ago, Big Rick said:

Use the Waze app on your phone. Gives up to the minute updates

I second that, but traffic can back up in heart around Chattanooga.  2 AM got on to I24 from I59 and went three miles and then sat for a!most an hour. Accident someplace. You have three interstates converging in the area.  Obviously avoid rush hours. Mid day isn't bad. 

Good luck,

Bill

Bill & Lynn Baxter

MCI102A3 Conversion, Detroit Diesel S50  

dolphins.jpgVisitedStatesMap.jpgVisitedProvincesMap.jpg

11 hours ago, Bill w/bus said:

I second that, but traffic can back up in heart around Chattanooga.  2 AM got on to I24 from I59 and went three miles and then sat for a!most an hour. Accident someplace. You have three interstates converging in the area.  Obviously avoid rush hours. Mid day isn't bad. 

Good luck,

Bill

Thank you!

Nucamp T@b 320S, Toyota Tacoma

Asheville. NC

Don't postpone joy!

• 4 weeks later...

The new northbound ramps are now open, reducing the logjam at that interchange. Southbound at rush hour was slow, but still flowing. Northbound was slow to the split, but no longer backed up for miles. Jay

Note: The ramps have been flipped northbound, so stay left to go right and stay right to go left. I missed that the first time.

Edited by Jaydrvr