I bought a truck

DG N. AL

We are now part of the hdt community.  It is a 2012 Volvo 630.   The plans are to put a bed on it at some point.  We want to add windows to the sleeper and replace the bunk with a bench seat.  I trip to see Jack Mayer may be in the planning.  We lowered the pin box on the trailer after these pictures were taken.  I still need to get the hitch an inch or two higher.  I have not played with the height valve on the ET hitch yet.  I am not sure if I can raise it or not. 

20210429_161834.jpg

20210429_161818.jpg

20210429_161729.jpg

Edited by DG N. AL
to add more description

This is what the inside of your walls look like.

HK8iUm2l.jpg

You will need to do some rearranging of the ductwork and move the sleeper control panel on the other side. By the time you are done will likely need new wall panels also.

I didn’t want to give up the bunk HVAC or storage, so I removed the flip up bed frame and put a sheet of plywood on top of the lower frame to mount a seat to. Also had to make a 4 inch riser in front of the seat to get the height right.

lNxrtd3l.jpg

kwYPrrQl.jpg

DG n Al -

welcome - 

Check the truck's rear suspension ride height is at correct specifications.  It looks a little tail down in the photo... probly not enough to raise the trailer to level..

Edited by noteven

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

The ET hitch was out of adjustment.  It was running 1 inch from the bottom.  According to Henry's web site it should ride about 3 inches from the bottom.  A little adjusting of the valve raised it.  The trailer should be about level now.  

I put the truck in the shop this afternoon and started working on some of the small items.  One of the hood latch cables was frozen.  I had to take half the dash out and remove the air cleaner to get it out.  I have a list of filters to pick up tomorrow.  It needs an oil change and general servicing. 

I have an air leak at the solenoids on the cross member under the cab.  One of the solenoids is cracked.  I need to remove them in the morning and then decide how much to replace.

Edited by DG N. AL
Correct spelling

22 hours ago, Moresmoke said:

This is what the inside of your walls look like.

HK8iUm2l.jpg

You will need to do some rearranging of the ductwork and move the sleeper control panel on the other side. By the time you are done will likely need new wall panels also.

I didn’t want to give up the bunk HVAC or storage, so I removed the flip up bed frame and put a sheet of plywood on top of the lower frame to mount a seat to. Also had to make a 4 inch riser in front of the seat to get the height right.

lNxrtd3l.jpg

kwYPrrQl.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.  I am undecided on how much of the cabinetry to leave.

10 hours ago, DG N. AL said:

Thanks for the pictures.  I am undecided on how much of the cabinetry to leave.

I took it all out as it really didn’t serve any useful purpose, and I wanted the passengers to be able to see out.

I did end up with a cubby across the back that makes a headrest for the seat. The kids have it packed with stuff.

Howdy DG N. AL,

Nice looking rig, time to up date your avitor (sp) photo.  Glad you found your hitch needed adjustment and that worked to level out your trailer.  Welcome to this merry band of wandering miscreants we will surly help you to spend your money and save a place for you around the campfire.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Welcome to this merry band of wandering miscreants we will surly help you to spend your money and save a place for you around the campfire.

And with this group, "surly" and "surely" both apply nicely.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

3 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy DG N. AL,

Nice looking rig, time to up date your avitor (sp) photo.  Glad you found your hitch needed adjustment and that worked to level out your trailer.  Welcome to this merry band of wandering miscreants we will surly help you to spend your money and save a place for you around the campfire.

Dave

19 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Mr cob, after all.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

20 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Howdy Ricke,

Again, my lack of education and ability to misqel nearly everything is shown to the world, tis a heavy cross I bear at times...................:wacko:

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

20 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Mr cob, after all.

Howdy Darryl,

Looking up the definition of "surly", a word I did know existed, it would appear it could oft times apply to me, not to be construed in any way to apply to the rest of this bunch of many wheeled vagabonds. :D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg