I70west ti I29 north in Kansas City MO

solo318

We are heading back out to South Dakota this summer. Last year the interchange from I70west onto I29 North was a complete maze of exits and freeways. (supposedly due to construction). Has anyone been through there recently? Google maps lays it out like I remember from years ago, But last year we were "winging it" in the dark with crappy directions.

5 hours ago, Mr. Camper said:

Each state has a DOT website on construction and current road conditions.  Accessing that will give you the most up-to-date information and when and where possible you can plan for detours. The link to access the MODOT is below.

traveler.modot.org/report/modottext.aspx

I was looking to see if anyone has driven it lately. The DOT website is no substitute for someone driving through the area.

I just went through there two days ago, from I70 westbound to I29 northbound. I didn't think it was any worse than usual. I sailed right through. I'm not sure I'm the best reference, though. I've been through every major city many times and have the lanes generally memorized. I just pay attention to Lola (navigation) and I'm generally never in a rush. Jay

14 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

I just went through there two days ago, from I70 westbound to I29 northbound. I didn't think it was any worse than usual. I sailed right through. I'm not sure I'm the best reference, though. I've been through every major city many times and have the lanes generally memorized. I just pay attention to Lola (navigation) and I'm generally never in a rush. Jay

Thanks Jay, I've driven through a bunch of time and it's been smooth. But last year it was crazy. we must have changed roads for 45 minutes all following detour signs. I'll relax a bit more this year. Hopefully they got it figured out.

Is there still a bridge out and a detour in St Louis?

1 hour ago, solo318 said:

Thanks Jay, I've driven through a bunch of time and it's been smooth. But last year it was crazy. we must have changed roads for 45 minutes all following detour signs. I'll relax a bit more this year. Hopefully they got it figured out.

Is there still a bridge out and a detour in St Louis?

I'm sure I saw detour signs, but unfortunately I didn't pay attention to them. I just went through on I70. Easy peasy. Jay