Oregon rules for pumping gasoline & covid-19

Kirk W

I have lived in Oregon for the past 4 years.  In Jackson County (Medford, OR area)

Nothing has change since the covid.  They still pump my gas.  Just  everyone is wearing a mask.  You do exchange credit card, money, etc., hand to hand.  No precautions are taken.  Nobody wears gloves.

Not sure of the other counties in Oregon, regarding self pumping of gas.

My main place to get Gas is Costco.

Interesting... My Costco has a newly installed do it yourself "air" stall in the parking lot.  Just by the honor system.  No proof of membership.  The air pumps nitrogen, just like in the building.

Steve

LIFETIME MEMBER
2011 Born Free Class C
OR/ CA border

NEWBIE, so I have everything to learn !

On 4/24/2021 at 11:44 AM, dblr said:

Yes but you can pump your own diesel, in fact I got into a argument with the attendant years ago at the Flying J at the south end of 295 because he tried to insist my Ford F-350 was only supposed to take unleaded, I told him to get his manager which he did and promptly was informed to let me fuel my own diesel truck.

Years ago......to (maybe) now !!

He's the guy that will pump diesel into your DEF (urea) tank -or- vice versa.  Just another reason to....*BE SURE* to pump your own diesel !!

My "years ago" story - back to the days of when gas stations provided "full service" at the pumps - wipe your windshield, check the oil.........

My girl friend (now wife) had purchased a new '65 Mustang "pony car".  She was letting me drive it.  We need fuel, stop at the local (Standard Oil) station.  Guy pumps the gas, wipes the windshield......so far so good....then pops the hood - shows me the dip stick.  Yeah, it's about a quart low.

Tell him - OK - add a quart of oil.  He gets a can of oil, stabs it with the fill spout, and disappears under the hood.  "She" (fortunately) can see what he's doing through the gap under the hood.  Says - "He's not putting it in the right place" !!

I hop out - sure enough.....he's trying to pour a quart of oil in the power steering reservoir!!  I give him h*ll for such an stupid mistake - and of course it had overfilled. (And - yes he DID show me the correct dip stick for engine oil.)

NEXT.....YIKES !! - The gift that keeps on giving!!

So...he' s going to "remove" the excess oil from the pwr steering reservoir.  Yeah right - how does he attempt to do that?  With the battery fill syringe...flushing the mixture back into the distilled water in the battery service "box".

Adios, goodbye - with lots of choice adjectives......and felt sorry for the next car when he checks the battery and adds the oil/water mix.

BTW - saw three (3) dip sticks that day!!  Engine oil, PS, and the attendant.  Maybe even 4 - for me *not* doing it myself.  Never again!  "Old days" full service limited to pump the gas & wipe the windshield.

Edited by Pappy Yokum