Polk county taxes

daetrip

Anybody recently purchased a RV out of state and registered in Polk county, TX? I remember from previous experience that they recognize other state taxes paid but not discretionary or local taxes. But I don’t recall paying the what is now .5% in addition to whatever may have been paid to another state, or another TX county, for that matter. It may explain why I was I bit off on my calculations 3 years ago.

it was all rather painless; I’m just trying to avoid an unexpected bill. The dealer I’m talking with is saying it’s 6.75%, as an estimate.

Just now, daetrip said:

I know you consider that helpful. Thank you.

What would you find to be more helpful? I mean, if you get the info straight from the county what could be better? Just curious and I am sure other inquiring minds would like to know. 

Whenever we buy a vehicle or RV from out of state, we always tell them we are exempt from paying their sales tax. We will pay the sales tax at the time of registering in our home state. We currently live in South Carolina which limits sales taxes on vehicles to $500 maximum which is better than paying any other states taxes and then trying to get reimbursed from the other state for paying it.