pop out not flush

Forgive me if I butcher the jargon. Thingie doesn't always cover everything.

The Slider? Pop out? room extension? yeah, that thing. It sticks out maybe 1 1/2 inches at the bottom and not at the top.

I have never used it and don't know what the deal is. Am I going to have issues when I try to open it? If I key it on and try to close it flush, is it going to cause issues?

Is there a way to get them back in if or maybe when they get stuck that doesn't involve calling some one out?

I can't run it all the way out until I fix the leaky leveler, which will be another post.

Edited by BobandBarb

First thing I would do is run it all the way out then back in . . . It might be that simple to fix the thingie

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

You seem to be speaking of a "slide out" and they do have adjustments. But there could also be wear on the mechanical parts that play a part in the problem. How does the slide work, is it electric motor with a drive gear, or electric with a worm or screw type of drive, or is it hydraulic driven? Do you know if it works at all. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

ok! I got it back in! It was as easy as dropping the levelers, turning it on and pressing in. Never used one of these before and don't know what to expect.

So, it has two hydraulic rams, one on each side. I checked the reservoir and it seems to be full. When I run it in, I can hear the pump motor spin up. Trying to run it out All I get is a back up alarm. I imagine it is a warning to people outside? The motor doesn't spin up or anything. I have tried it with the engine running and the engine off. It has a keyed main switch and a rocker right next to it. I dd crawl under it to inspect it and check he fluid. It has two 6? gauge wires running from the motor back to a control unit.  One was a little loose so I snugged it up. I am a little afraid to open the control box underneath as IDK what I am doing with it,or what to expect to find in it.

So are there any tricks not covered by youtube to run out a slider on a 97 bounder? Any usual causes to check like fuses? If so, where would I look? Is the back up alarm to warn people to move,or is it telling me something is not right?