Long Throw Random Orbital Polisher and Buffer - update as promissed

Vegas Teacher

Hello All!!!

O.K. I got my random orbital buffer from Amazon. It was the SPTA model:

Buffer Polisher, SPTA 5-Inch 125mm Dual Action Random Orbital Car Polisher,Car Detailing Kit, 4Pcs 5inch & 4Pcs 6Inch Polishing Pad,Packing Bag for Car Polishing and Waxing-DAPSET-US

I used the Clay bar and 3 step Mothers Compound, Polish and Wax and finished with Nexgen Ceramic Spray. In between each step I wiped with a microfiber cloth.

Well I did one fairing, passenger side lower rear panel. I washed it off first and started with the clay bar. This panel had many deep scratches in it. After 3 hours of washing and buffing starting with the cutting compound I was pleased overall. The electric polisher was a lot of fun to use. I have to be honest and say that I did not get out every bit of the scratch in the paint but you have to look for it to see it. It was a nice day in Vegas on Saturday so the  time outside was great. The huge difference was how smooth the paint is now on that area. I am totally impressed with the products I used. The ceramic spray went on and off extremely easily. I am sure nobody had put that much effort into the paint job of the truck since it was released into service in 2010.

Sorry I don't have pictures but you really could not see much from them.

Later,

Cory O

If you are happy then every one who sees it will be amazed. I'm usually not happy with my polishing, but then people will rave about it. (or used to...)

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.