Texas bill to ban overnight parking

agesilaus

Drivin' and Vibin'

1) It is just a bill and hasn't even gone to committee, seems to be poorly written

2) Just in the Texas Senate

3) Aimed at urban outdoorsmen not RVer's, but there is the law of unintended consequences

4) A lot of these bills are introduced to shut up noisy constituents and and not expected to go anywhere.

5) The guy doing this vlog tends towards the sensational to draw traffic

Edited by agesilaus

It probably wouldn't affect WalMart unless local law prevents it.  Here is their stance:  "While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store parking lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV".

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

3 hours ago, jbh said:

Could perhaps catch sleeping truckers at rest areas?

I doubt that will be allowed to happen. Although rest areas in the Twin Cities metro area do limit the number of hours you can stop there.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

Texas bills would ban camping in public spaces

I assume this was posted as general information to anyone reading the thread.  It seems obvious that lots of people would love to stop people from sleeping in the streets, under overpasses, etc. I don't know the answer but people have to sleep/be somewhere.   I once dozed in a chair at a mall while waiting for other members of the family that were shopping.  Guess what, I was chastised in a fairly nice way. 

6 hours ago, fly2low said:

It could be a reaction to what is happening in Seattle

It is the whole west coast, there is some expensive beach town near LA that has hundreds of almost dead RV's parked along the beach road for example. Lots of others.

Those are just a failure of the locals to use the police to clear them out. They don't need new laws just need to enforce what they have.

2 hours ago, agesilaus said:

It is the whole west coast, there is some expensive beach town near LA that has hundreds of almost dead RV's parked along the beach road for example. Lots of others.

Those are just a failure of the locals to use the police to clear them out. They don't need new laws just need to enforce what they have.

As someone who enforces those laws, all I can say is I wish it was that easy.  We have plenty of laws to clear out homeless encampments like that, unfortunately we are not allowed to use them due to case law decisions and law suits from homeless advocacy groups.  It is very frustrating.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

On 4/17/2021 at 5:50 PM, bigjim said:

Bill Perkins post on Thurs. at 4:50pm was interesting in regard to this subject and is certainly a possibility.

Bigjim thanks for comment.  In 1968 I served as a legislative aide to the large Texas State Affairs committee that first received most important new bills for consideration and then taking action or referring to other committees.  Majority of all bills like this one was were sent to a committee where no action or votes were taken on the matter and they die a quiet death.  Same thing happens in U.S. Congress.

Retired Acct & SEC SFC and legislative aide plus former pilot to Two Texas Governors with 4 Honorable Discharges from Active Army, Guard/Reserves

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1739912699644241&type=3

cZpeb9xm.png34froCRm.jpgCODXkiDm.jpgl9fNLWZm.png

Edited by NamMedevac 70