2005 hurricane Slide wont come in!!!

I know that there is suppose to be an order to jacks down then slide out. But I had slide out and pulled up jacks first... Now jacks wont go down and slide wont come in!!!!! Help

Edited by homelesshartshorns
Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

Put the jacks down and see if it is crooked in relation to the trailer where one side is in a tad more than the other. Put the Jacks down and bump the slide out which should straighten it if crooked was the problem. If one side moves tad out then it will likely come in. I had that happen once and thought I was stuck. Bumped it and brought it in.

Hope that helps.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

If you have HWH brand hydraulic jacks and/or slide mechanism there is a 40ADC in-fuse near the motor which may have failed, the same motor powers jacks and/or slide mechanism. I haven't a clue about electric jacks.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Are your slide and jacks by any chance one of the HWH systems? If so they probably share a hydraulic pump and a very likely there is a single fuse that would cause both of your symptoms. Just in case you do not have them, here are two manuals you can download that I found while searching. The service manual is for Winnebago products but most likely will have at least some things in common. 

HWH Operator's Manual

HWH Winnebago Service Manual

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

11 hours ago, Sparky242 said:

Are they both Hydraulic or electric.  I think the first thing I would do is check the fuses,  If it is Hyd there might be a fuse on or near the pump motor   

Thank you will check

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

10 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Are your slide and jacks by any chance one of the HWH systems? If so they probably share a hydraulic pump and a very likely there is a single fuse that would cause both of your symptoms. Just in case you do not have them, here are two manuals you can download that I found while searching. The service manual is for Winnebago products but most likely will have at least some things in common. 

HWH Operator's Manual

HWH Winnebago Service Manual

Thank you

11 hours ago, RV_ said:

Put the jacks down and see if it is crooked in relation to the trailer where one side is in a tad more than the other. Put the Jacks down and bump the slide out which should straighten it if crooked was the problem. If one side moves tad out then it will likely come in. I had that happen once and thought I was stuck. Bumped it and brought it in.

Hope that helps.

thanks

I don't know for sure. This problem is a friend of mine that is pretty green about his rig and is not here for me to give my expert opinion. 

4 minutes ago, homelesshartshorns said:

I don't know for sure. This problem is a friend of mine that is pretty green about his rig and is not here for me to give my expert opinion. 

I was hoping someone with a slide system that works as a unit " Jacks have to go down in order to operate the slide" would have a quick fix. My HWH system, Jacks and slide work independent of each other. 

14 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

My HWH system, Jacks and slide work independent of each other. 

That is true of HWH systems but they do share a hydraulic pump and system. At least the ones that I have worked on had a valve manifold with a valve for each jack and for each slide. To me it sounds like your hydraulic pump is not working as the most likely cause. It is also quite possible that low hydraulic fluid could also cause the problem. If you haven't located the pump yet, here is a picture of one. Yours could be configured differently but should look similar to this. 

attachment.php?attachmentid=285914&d=158

In addition, there will be a valve manifold with 4 valves for the jacks and 1 for each slide. It should look something like this one

IMG_1829_Realistic-X2.jpg

The valve solenoids are very easy to replace but I have never been part of the pump replacement.  The valve manifold and the pump may not be located close together. If the pump does not run and fluid levels are good, then I would first look for the fuse that Ray mentioned. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

11 hours ago, Kirk W said:

That is true of HWH systems but they do share a hydraulic pump and system. At least the ones that I have worked on had a valve manifold with a valve for each jack and for each slide. To me it sounds like your hydraulic pump is not working as the most likely cause. It is also quite possible that low hydraulic fluid could also cause the problem. If you haven't located the pump yet, here is a picture of one. Yours could be configured differently but should look similar to this. 

zu1lyGzR--6GaTmKo63UgujUSiDx5J2KWLpwxfX0

In addition, there will be a valve manifold with 4 valves for the jacks and 1 for each slide. It should look something like this one.

bFG6RHRP6N_059RR_wnxNe2yLmrPF9i51JZGqydI

The valve solenoids are very easy to replace but I have never been part of the pump replacement.  The valve manifold and the pump may not be located close together. If the pump does not run and fluid levels are good, then I would first look for the fuse that Ray mentioned. 

Thank you , this is very good information and I will pass it on...