East Coast Rally Final Update

SuiteSuccess

Everything is a GO for the ECR starting this Saturday evening April 17. So far have 49 couples attending with more than half being new folks.   Weather in high 60’s and low 70’s. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Phil D pinned this topic

Weather supposed to be good next week with highs in low to mid 60’s and lows in 40s so remember to bring some warm clothes. Seminars are in a large tent so it can be a little chilly in the morning. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Did anyone hear that Bucee's is planning a Crossville Tn. location within the next 3 years, could you imagine if everyone at the ECR the year they opened went there to try and fuel up??? I wanted to go the new Daytona location on my way home from Florida but with the no semi signs didn't want to try my luck, went to Racetrack instead as they had the same price on diesel but it was a tight location and only could fuel up one tank

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Have a great rally and all have safe travels!  Bummed we will miss it.  See y'all in 2022...

Edited by Av8r3400

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

11 hours ago, Av8r3400 said:

Have a great rally and all have safe travels!  Bummed we will miss it.  See y'all in 2022...

We'll try to have fun without you, but it won't be the same.  Just take care of Julie, and yourself.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

11 hours ago, rickeieio said:

We'll try to have fun without you, but it won't be the same.  Just take care of Julie, and yourself.

Will do.  We'll see ya around...  Truck will be back on the road soon.  Just need the Drom Box...174295760_938436856728497_62077765092391

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

• 2 weeks later...

The rally is winding down.  We had a summation gathering this morning, and tried to have a "yard sale" with a cold drizzle falling.

But, Carl and Donna did a great job of keeping most of us corralled and we had fun meeting up with old friends, and making new ones.  Lots of new faces here this year, dipping their collective toes in the pool and checking out trucks.

It's been a fun week, and it's ending too soon.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

22 hours ago, NTPA Announcer said:

Where's Big Al the coffee man ?

Big Al is still in northeast Ohio. I hope someone stepped up and helped Carl with the coffee. I did miss all of you folks. 😎

I hope next year things will be back to normal. 

Is there a post rally going on ?

Edited by alan0043

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

We want to thank Carl and Donna and everyone else that helped in making this years ECR a Great Success! We really had a good time and enjoyed meeting old friends and making some new ones. It was a bit chilly the last few days but we enjoyed it none the less. i also want to thank Chit (Never Easy) for helping find the ground issue I looked for 5 days. He found it in 40 minutes! The man is a Wizard!!! Pats Pride ran like a top coming home. it was a very enjoyable trip. Hope to see everyone next year.   Pat

The Old Sailor

Had a great time at the ECR.  Thanks to Carl and Donna for their hard work.  Enjoyed meeting some new folks and reconnecting with some old timers.    

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Thanks Carl and Donna and all the helpers for putting on the ECR.

Here are some of our picturesoFM7OMpl.jpg

SSngiaJl.jpg

bTidL0Bl.jpg

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Thanks for the photos. 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Thanks Dave for the pics. Hopefully next year I can make coffee again for everyone.  😁

• 5 months later...

Haven't been around much in the past two seasons, just now kind of getting a handle on all the changes in our lives. Doc's still have not conclusively decided what's causing the Parkinson's like symptoms and probably won't. Live wid it. 

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kindness shown to Paula and I and maybe we'll swing by the 2022 edition  of the rally and wave at everybody. The Toy Draggin is sold and living in Minnesota, and the XLR is sold and will live in eastern Kentucky. Sadly, our BorBooder Collie, Daisy, passed unexpectedly last year, but the good news is we now have BooBoo, a rescue mix with Pit, Beagle, Pekingese, and much, much more. He's a project.

Anyway, thanks for the kind thoughts

Paul and Paula

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

24 minutes ago, adept99 said:

Haven't been around much in the past two seasons, just now kind of getting a handle on all the changes in our lives. Doc's still have not conclusively decided what's causing the Parkinson's like symptoms and probably won't. Live wid it. 

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kindness shown to Paula and I and maybe we'll swing by the 2022 edition  of the rally and wave at everybody. The Toy Draggin is sold and living in Minnesota, and the XLR is sold and will live in eastern Kentucky. Sadly, our BorBooder Collie, Daisy, passed unexpectedly last year, but the good news is we now have BooBoo, a rescue mix with Pit, Beagle, Pekingese, and much, much more. He's a project.

Anyway, thanks for the kind thoughts

Paul and Paula

Hi Paul,

It is so good to hear from you. I hope you and Paula are doing good. It sounds like you have a project going on with the new dog. Sorry to hear about Daisy. Please keep posting. It nice to hear from you.

Al

Paul,

I hope you and Paula will be able to swing by next spring and say hello. I'm sure all of us will miss Daisy. Reo still alerts every time she sees a Border Collie! Good luck with the new pup, with that pedigree you are in for a lot of fun and challenges. Take care and let us know if we can do anything to help.

David

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

• Phil D unpinned this topic