microwave fudge

bigjim

We haven't made MW fudge in years.  We had tried several different recipes and some were not all that bad.  But we could never get one that was as good or as smooth as fudge cooked on the stove top.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I've never seen a recipe for microwave fudge. But maybe that's a good thing? I remember serving the one made with marshmallow creme to Dave's family and his mother saying something like, "Oh, that one."

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Thanks for all input. I don't even remember where I saw the first recipe but I have pulled up a few more from the the internet.  They are all very similar and pretty easy.  I did not want to influence answers but now I will say my first shot was pretty close to what Ken said.  The first time I used all milk chocolate chips but next time around I am going  with either all semi-sweet or a blend of the two. Depending on any feed back I might get I may or may not use some butter.  I  want to cut down the trial and error as much as I can as someone has to eat the evidence I mean results and I am a single.

2 hours ago, bigjim said:

If it is at all edible I am actually going to try and seek opinions about it from friends and others minus a couple of tastes for myself.

As long as you don't put peanuts or peanut butter in it I would like all of it. :)

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

In my experience, microwaves are best used for warming things up, like coffee. I had a close family member once who insisted on cooking most of their meals in the microwave.. I soon learned to eat before visiting her. I'm sure there must be something that cooks well in a microwave, I just haven't found it yet. Jay

Edited by Jaydrvr
Grammar

12 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

I'm sure there must be something that cooks well in a microwave, I just haven't found it yet. Jay

Mug cake. Mix together one box angel food cake mix and one box any other cake mix. Store in air tight container. In mug, stir together 3 Tbsp mix and 2 Tbsp water. Microwave 1 minute. Eat. Also known as 3-2-1 cake which helps remember the portions.

Linda

Made my second try and it came out pretty good. I have to pass out a few samples to get some feedback. I used  a slightly different recipe this time with 2 tbsp of real butter but I used salted and kind of wonder if unsalted may have been better.  It was semi-sweet chips, sweented condensed milk, 1tsp of vanilla and the butter.  Did a little better about getting it to not stick to the pan I formed it in (not cooking bowl)