Trip planning apps

jules2go

Hello,

What are your favorite trip planning apps out there? I have AAA and for now just use their triptiks for route planning. I do realize everyone has different needs and maybe not one thing can cover it all. AllStays? I seem to recall something about that one re: no longer having a phone app or something. Thank you. 

Edited by jules2go
clarification of request

Nucamp T@b 320S, Toyota Tacoma

Asheville. NC

Don't postpone joy!

RVTW RV Trip Planner, has too many features to  list.

Does RV routing based on your RV height and length

Shows thousands of campgrounds, linked to Campground Reviews, shows clubs KOA, PPA, ect

Show shopping areas, rest stops, gas stations and so on.

You can customize the view, what to show or not

Does actual road ranges not just range circles.

You can get your route to people, family ect and does exports

Mainly for planning tho it does real time. I have not used it lately since we have Garmin RV890

Frequent updates which add real features and takes customer suggestions into account.

I guess I'm a dinosaur because I do this the old fashioned way.  I do it at home and I use my computer, RV Park Reviews, KOA, Good Sam, YP, and a few others.  I plot our routes and never use interstates unless they are unavoidable.  We always try to take scenic routes or US/State routes to really see the country.  It depends on what we want to see and then I do the route and look for things to stop and see along the way.  It's been two years since we had a big trip and this year we just have a few small trips to acclimate our puppy to traveling and then we have a family wedding in the fall.  I do have some apps on the phone that we use for last minute changes while we are driving and that helps, but other that those situations it's better doing it at home.

Next year we are going to Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico.  Already in the planning for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I use All Stays, Campendium, RV Parky, Ultimate Campgrounds, Free Roam, I Overlanders, BLM and Natl Forest PLUS A LOT OF GOOGLE MAPS, works fine for me. I also rely on Garmin Drive with several added custom camp and travel POI's for searching out places to stay or visit..Lots of gents are using The Dyrt App I believe its called

John T

• 2 weeks later...