TX inspector/consultant for purchasing RV

StayWild

Hello All!

New to SKP here... I am looking to purchase a late-model (2019) travel trailer / toy hauler from Camping World in San Antonio, TX, and I am wondering if there are services out there much like you could find a mechanic to inspect a used car before purchasing it?  Or maybe even some experienced member(s) here, who would be able to assist?

It is a 23’ travel trailer. I have stayed in similar trailers before, but am planning to move from CA to TX the first week of May, and am considering putting a deposit down to take the unit off of the market, but I do not want to do so only to find out issues that the dealership left out or overlooked (appliances not working, water damage, soft spots in the floor, etc).

My plans are to live in the trailer Full time, while carrying around a motorcycle while commuting from gig to gig (my job takes me between TX, FL, SD, NV, CO, UT, and CA).  Rather than flying in and out of each stop, I’m looking forward to spending some more time exploring the country + visiting family and friends along the way.

Please feel free to share any thoughts, questions, or comments!

Looking forward to seeing you all out there!

Thanks,

- Dan

Welcome to the Escapees RV Club and to these forums! We are happy to have you join us.

While I have not purchased in San Antonio and thus have not used any of these, here is a list of RV inspection services that I was able to locate. Perhaps one  of our other members will have used one of them or someone else and will chime in.

The Lemon Squad, RV inspections                                 Mobile RV Solutions

Lomar RV & Marine Solutions                                          TX RV Inspectors Mobil service

RV Inspections USA                                                        https://nrvia.org/locate/

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I used Lemon Squad in the metroplex (Texas)  area and was pleased and impressed with detail and thoroughness. Then again, in the Valley - not so much, just OK. I think they have a checklist so you know the basics will be covered but my experience is its going to depend on the individual inspector.

Edited by Greg112

We used https://nrvia.org/locate/ when we purchased our rig.  We were in the Dallas area, but buying in Southern California.  Prior to signing all the papers, we had the inspector arrange with the seller to do the inspection.  He found a couple things that, after further negotiation, covered the cost of the inspector, but gave us a heads up so we were prepared.  (Fortunately, the rig was in very good shape.)

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

Most of the time, if I cannot look at something and I don't have a family member to help me, I wait till I get to the location and see for myself. Sure you can hire it done, but what recourse do you have if they say it's no good and really it would have worked or say it's really good and you hate it when you see it. Money down the drain in my opinion either way. I've been burnt a couple times on Ebay purchases, but those were very small dollar compared to a "Home" you are planning on living in. A 23 foot travel trailer is not very big to be living full time, but some do it in a van.  Best of luck. Let us know how it works for you. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.