My favorite hub just got better: Anker PowerExpand+ 11-in-1 USB-C hub

RV_

Oops! On edit I forgot the link to the original article here:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/my-favorite-hub-just-got-better-anker-powerexpand-11-in-1-usb-c-hub/

I have the smaller Anker USB C Hub, PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 USB C Hub Adapter, with 4K HDMI, 100W Power Delivery, USB-C and 2 USB-A 5Gbps Data Ports, micro SD and SD Card Reader, for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, XPS, and more. Hubs are either OK, junk, or exceptional, and it is an exceptional value - well made, handles 100W for charging my high draw tablets and any USB C PD-in laptop computers.

I own no laptop/notebooks since 2014, unless you count the Surface Pro 3, 4 , 7 , or Surface Go, each with their own type-cover. Adrian has the same 7 in 1 I have but upgraded to their more expensive 11 in one. I have another 4 port dock that has an Ethernet port on the end so I do not need that feature. He must have been confused because the 7 in 1 does charge with the C port at 100Watts too and I have new tech GaN 100 watt chargers for them at bedside, my office, and next to my TV recliner. Makes a big difference and run much cooler than regular chargers.

I have my newest tablet, my Surface Go, which has no USB A Port. 

here are 6 ports available on Microsoft Surface Go:

• 3.5mm Headphone Jack.
  • USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1 (supports 5Gpbs transfer speed, charging, and video out).
  • Surface Connect (supports charging and docking).
  • MicroSDXC card slot.
  • Optional LTE sim slot.

And my Surface Pro 7 also has just one USB A and USB C port 😄

The 2019 Surface Pro 7 has the following ports available:

• 1 x Full-size USB 3.0
  • 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2 Supports Power Delivery and DisplayPort.
  • 1 x Surface Connect+ Supports charging and docking station.
  • 1 x Headset jack
  • 1 x microSD™ card reader

Your laptops and tablets can benefit from either high end hub but the 7 in 1 is only $27.99. 7 in 1 price

This 11 in 1 is $79.99 on Amazon. 11 in 1 price.

I am sticking with my 7 in 1 as it does all I need and I can daisy chain my 4 port hub with Ethernet port to it if I need it. 

For RVing the smaller hub is a tank, durable, and it has never pulled that on and off crap I have gotten from other cheap hubs.

For folks thinking about a surface, I also have the Surface Pro 3 Dock that originally cost $199.99 but it works with a little finesse for the Pro 4 and 7 perfectly. But they are thinner than the Pro 3 however, once in they fit perfectly. I just have to hold the right side up a smidge when putting the Tablet in it. The great thing about this dock is that it is made to accommodate the typecovers so you don't need a keyboard or mouse. It makes the Pro 3-7 a true desktop. They are cheap used as long as it works and has the correct power supply. I got mine on eBay for $29.99 and it was as good and clean as a new one. Used Pro 3 dock with power supply.

If you want to take advantage of USB C charging of laptops, Apple  or other Laptops or notebooks, or any of the new gear with PD USB C ports you'll really want the GaN chargers too. https://www.howtogeek.com/509209/what-is-a-gan-charger-and-why-will-you-want-one/

Enjoy!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire