How Long Is A Volvo 780 Bumper To Bumper?

Cotreker

Mine doesn't have a rear bumper but you can come and measure mine.

2007 Volvo 780 Ultrashift Trailersaver Hitch
2017 Momentum 397th
3 Yamaha Banshees
2 Honda 400EX's
Polaris Outlaw 50

Polaris Outlaw 110 EFi                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2018 Polaris RZR S 1000 Stealth Black
2019 Polaris RZR S 1000 Titanium Matte Metal

2015 Polaris RZR S 900 VooDoo Blue

https://i.imgur.com/e0ajU8Pl.jpg

They vary a lot. It has to do with wheel base. Remember that on these trucks with dual drive axels, the wheel base is measured from the center of the front axel to the mid point between both rear axels. 

Then there's differences in length of frames, depending on how the truck was ordered.

Sorry there's no pat answer.

Mine is a 670 (shorter cab than a 780) with a 209" WB. I had 25" added to the frame for the RV hitch and now, total length is 23' 8" with the chrome rear bumper.

I'd go to a dealer (if you have one near) and do some measuring for yourself. should get you in the ball park.

Hope this helps.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

Bob,

Recheck that tape measure.     To get an idea of how long a truck is take the wheelbase add the front axle set back around 50" in most cases and add 54 inches for the rear axle/tires, frame.   

So Bob's truck has a 209" WB add 104 plus the 25" extension, my math come out to 27' 5" Volvo may have a bit more axle set back?  

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Dennis,

A 780 will be roughly a foot or so longer than your truck, as a starting point.  After that, everything "just depends."  Ours is right at 30' overall.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Volvos website has some dimensions on it, have you checked there? But remember that each truck can be spec with different WB and frame lengths.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

7 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Dennis,

A 780 will be roughly a foot or so longer than your truck, as a starting point.  After that, everything "just depends."  Ours is right at 30' overall.

Oh my wheelbase is 300..see my linked picture in footer.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

Bad choice of words on my part.  A 780 will be longer, by the amount of the sleeper size, given the same wheel base and frame extension.  Our Volvo's wheel base is about 240".

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 4/1/2021 at 1:24 AM, Steve from SoCal said:

Bob,

Recheck that tape measure.     To get an idea of how long a truck is take the wheelbase add the front axle set back around 50" in most cases and add 54 inches for the rear axle/tires, frame.   

So Bob's truck has a 209" WB add 104 plus the 25" extension, my math come out to 27' 5" Volvo may have a bit more axle set back?  

Steve

You are darn close. Just pulled a tape down the side of the truck.... drum-roll... 28'5" bumper to bumper. My post was in error. I can fit 29'6" in my driveway. Hence the original search for a 209- 213" wheelbase. 

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg