102 in Washington get sick with COVID and two die after getting vaccine

Full story from ABC news here and yes THIS IS NOT OPINION BUT IS STRAIGHT FACT NEWS STORY for any k heads here.

https://katu.com/news/coronavirus/102-get-sick-with-coronavirus-despite-getting-vaccine-in-washington

I have no opinion or concern about this but posting this as a civic duty to all.

Bill Perkins as personal civilian and Army Guard pilot to Texas Governor 71 to 74.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1739912699644241&type=3

Will not be viewing any comments.  Thank you very much.

No one said the vaccine guaranteed that you couldn't get sick from the virus - that's what 90% efficacy means - 90% of people won't get sick.  The other 10% have mild-to-moderate symptoms and so far NO ONE HAS DIED who has had the vaccination.   And of those 10% who did get sick, I would be willing to be that a large share of that were people who had been exposed already, but it was still incubating.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

3 hours ago, noteven said:

I know the subject is serious, but I has a question: what’s a “...straight fact news story...” ?

I think that we are being baited again. It isn't like the same party has not boasted of doing so on these forums. I did look at the story and found no major news service carrying it but this quote from the story may demonstrate the reason it isn't drawing notice. 

Epidemiologists in Washington state have reported evidence of at least 102 fully vaccinated people testing positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of February, the state’s health department confirmed Tuesday.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

No one said the vaccine guaranteed that you couldn't get sick from the virus - that's what 90% efficacy means - 90% of people won't get sick.  The other 10% have mild-to-moderate symptoms and so far NO ONE HAS DIED who has had the vaccination.   And of those 10% who did get sick, I would be willing to be that a large share of that were people who had been exposed already, but it was still incubating.  

Not quite right. The 90% efficacy means that of the people that get Covid-19, 10% of them have had the vaccine. In the initial trials for the Pfizer vaccine, they had something along the lines of 43,000 people in the study. Half were given a placebo and half the vaccine. They had roughly 190 people that got sick out of the study. Out of those 190, 10 of them had been given the vaccine. Take the 10 number divided by the 190 and the odds of you being one of the people infected was just over 5%. the inverse of that is just under 95% and that is the efficacy number. Note that your total odds of getting Covid-19 after being vaccinated in this study was 10 out of 21,500 or .047%. Your odds of getting Covid-19 without the vaccine (in this study) was 180 out of 21,500 or .84%.

Edit: note, this efficacy number is the rate for the duration of this study. Over time and with more exposures, the odds of you contracting Covid-19 will go up for both groups but the efficacy will remain roughly the same between the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups

Edited by GeorgiaHybrid

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

5 hours ago, NamMedevac 70 said:

Full story from ABC news  ....

Will not be viewing any comments

No, it's not from ABC news.  It's from an affiliate of ABC news.  That means it a private company (not ABC) that pays to air ABC News content.  However, this appears to be local story, that was not sourced from ABC.

Personally, I'm getting tired of the self promotion and baiting.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

40 minutes ago, Jaydrvr said:

You're not the only one. That is why I refuse to legitimize such with any commentary. Just walk away from the keyboard. Jay

I have, after 13 years on this forum, finally put someone on my "Ignored User" list. Tired of his trolling and nonsense. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

2 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Not quite right. The 90% efficacy means that of the people that get Covid-19, 10% of them have had the vaccine. In the initial trials for the Pfizer vaccine, they had something along the lines of 43,000 people in the study. Half were given a placebo and half the vaccine. They had roughly 190 people that got sick out of the study. Out of those 190, 10 of them had been given the vaccine. Take the 10 number divided by the 190 and the odds of you being one of the people infected was just over 5%. the inverse of that is just under 95% and that is the efficacy number. Note that your total odds of getting Covid-19 after being vaccinated in this study was 10 out of 21,500 or .047%. Your odds of getting Covid-19 without the vaccine (in this study) was 180 out of 21,500 or .84%.

Edit: note, this efficacy number is the rate for the duration of this study. Over time and with more exposures, the odds of you contracting Covid-19 will go up for both groups but the efficacy will remain roughly the same between the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups

Here are a couple of descriptions:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/what-is-vaccine-efficacy#Efficacy-versus-effectiveness

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/experts-answer-the-biggest-covid-vaccine-questions1/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I found other places on the internet that report the same 108 number.  However, there has been more than 2,000,000 vaccines given.  If this number is correct that is only a very very small percentage of the people vaccinated.  I view this as good news as the percentage at this point looks better than the trial data.  While most of us wish this vaccine was 100% effective it has never been claimed as such. 

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

It seems Covid-19 isn't the biggest issue. The big problem has been the misinformation and politicizing of it.

I bet I can come up with a dozen web sites that quote different figures for vaccine results. So what's the true truth?

It's easy. Keep your distance. Wash your hands. Wear a mask when you can't keep your distance. Get the jab as soon as you can. How hard it that? Why blame team blue or team red when you should take the responsibility yourself to stay safe?

Question.  Maybe I have misunderstood the whole vaccine thang.  I was under the impression that the vaccine shot would not prevent anyone from getting the virus, but getting the shot lessened the damage from it?  A person would get over it quicker, not get hit hard enough to need hospitalization?  I could swear I was told all it does is increase your antibodies to virus'?  I could be in left field again or missed it somewhere, I don't read all the reports.  I have a hard time reading anything more than a paragraph or 2 before most everythang kinda gets blurry.

Wife has had 2 shots, I get my second one this coming Monday.  Can we still catch da virus?

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

2 hours ago, bruce t said:

It's easy. Keep your distance. Wash your hands. Wear a mask when you can't keep your distance. Get the jab as soon as you can. How hard it that? Why blame team blue or team red when you should take the responsibility yourself to stay safe?

Concise and well said!

Edited by DanZemke

2 hours ago, Randyretired said:

I found other places on the internet that report the same 108 number.  However, there has been more than 2,000,000 vaccines given.  If this number is correct that is only a very very small percentage of the people vaccinated.  I view this as good news as the percentage at this point looks better than the trial data.  While most of us wish this vaccine was 100% effective it has never been claimed as such. 

That is my thought too.

Edited by GR "Scott" Cundiff

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

4 minutes ago, NDBirdman said:

Question.  Maybe I have misunderstood the whole vaccine thang.  I was under the impression that the vaccine shot would not prevent anyone from getting the virus, but getting the shot lessened the damage from it? 

A Covid-19 vaccine usually does both.  Prevents getting the disease most of the time (about 90%), but if you did get it, it's likely to cause far less pain and damage.

It may be easier to think of it as:  99+% protection from a bad case of the disease.  Few things in life are 100% 🙂

1 minute ago, DanZemke said:

Few things in life are 100% 🙂

That's a fact.  There's only 2 things in life 100% (and I'm sure I'm quoting it wrong but the idea is right), death and taxes.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

I have heard that most of those that get sick from the vaccine are having an allergic reaction. Most people have no problems. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

And did he run a fever after 2nd dose?  If high enough that could stress his system and cause the dormant chicken pix virus that was lying along his spine.  Of course it could be any stressor in his.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

9 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

And did he run a fever after 2nd dose?  If high enough that could stress his system and cause the dormant chicken pix virus that was lying along his spine.  Of course it could be any stressor in his.  

I was surprised to hear it so I was asking if he had the shingles shot which he had a long time ago. I think he mentioned having a fever but I didn't think to ask about high and I don't think he mentioned it. Initially they were a little worried about get into his eye as it manifested on his head.  I had vaguely heard of that but none confirmed.  He has good medical care and his is not Uber painful.  He is still glad he got the vaccine.

24 minutes ago, bigjim said:

I was surprised to hear it so I was asking if he had the shingles shot which he had a long time ago. I think he mentioned having a fever but I didn't think to ask about high and I don't think he mentioned it. Initially they were a little worried about get into his eye as it manifested on his head.  I had vaguely heard of that but none confirmed.  He has good medical care and his is not Uber painful.  He is still glad he got the vaccine.

The new shingles vaccinations (2 shot series) is much more effective at preventing an attack, and as your friend showed, the old one doesn't last a long time.    Yes, shingles near the eye can cause horrendous problems, including blindness in that eye.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834